Best mpg?

After a week of ownership i'm wondering whats the best mpg i can expect, the past 2 days i've driven like a saint inc 100 motorway miles at 60mph in 6th and the best i've seen is 29.3mpg.

Mpg

The best ive had is about 34 mpg and thats driving like a saint if you get 51mpg you must be pushing it !!!!! :smiley:

The lowest i have had it was 12.5mpg but that was on a track day lol lol but great fun

Last edited:
best I've managed is 33 on my commute. Empty B roads and some town.
Motorway home from Essex I managed 31 and that was cruising at a steady (cruise control) 68.

I average 27-28 and thats what I get majority of time. Althouhh tonight I got it as low as 23.
It took me a little while to learn how to drive the car economically better and I'm still learning.

51mpg did you reset the trip computer in the garage after a refuel by chance as there is a way you can trick it doing that :wink:

Best I've gotten from the car is 42 mpg. That was from where I Luce in Erskine, to Largs. Average speed of about 45mph in 6th seems to get the best mpg but no harsh acceleration or idling go a long way.

This isn't normal though, my commute to work and back gives me in average 25 mpg.

Best ive seen is 34mpg.

I generally get 30-32mpg just in my daily driving (I try not to drive it hard during the week).

I got 40.something on the way over to Manc from Wakefield. That then dropped to 33.3 on the way home after driving around town and some queuing at rush-hour. I didn't think it was too bad at all.

I normally average 27.5mpg on weekends :wink: and never sat in traffic.

There must be about 5 recent threads on this??

My best is about 43/44mpg on a cruise at 60mph, average tends to stay around 30mpg

I average about 27mpg. I can get 29-30 if I take it VERY steady, but it's so hard work I can't be arsed for an extra 2mpg!