Best brakes for the road?

I've had a search and found nothing on here so please don't shout!

I'm in need of new pads on the front and back of my 200, can pick up Brembo oem spec pads, Mintex M1144 "fast road" or Ferodo Racing DS2500 for reasonable prices.

I'm wanting to stop quicker, but I want longevity; which is probably of more importance tbh.

The car doesn't see the track, so just for road application.

Any other recommendations please feel free to chip in.

I have standard brembo disks at the front with ds2500 pads and its more than good enough for the road, stops really well.

What I would recommend is giving the front callipers a good strip down and clean every year. They are prone to seize as the edge of the pad binds to edge of the aluminium calliper.

Can you brake hard enough for the ABS to kick in?

Is that the prerequisite to upgrading brake pads?

I assume you are implying that I don't need to upgrade?

I have standard brembo disks at the front with ds2500 pads and its more than good enough for the road, stops really well.

What I would recommend is giving the front callipers a good strip down and clean every year. They are prone to seize as the edge of the pad binds to edge of the aluminium calliper.

Thanks, how do the ds2500 pads wear? quicker than oem pads?

Maybe yes, if your tyres are letting go then surely your brakes are adequate and it's the tyres that need the upgrade.

If it were for track use then obviously other factors are bought in like fade etc, but I doubt you will be able to induce brake fade very often on the road.

Just a thought thats all.

Is that the prerequisite to upgrading brake pads?

I don't think he means that, but if you are braking hard enough to activate the ABS upgrading the tyres would probably be the place to start to stop quicker.

Edit: Damnit Chris! :wink:

Thanks, how do the ds2500 pads wear? quicker than oem pads?

Cant really give you any figures mate but they have held up rather well on the megane I had for two years (road use) and only just put them on the clio. They are a good pad for the road, no squeeling at low speed and stronger bite once you have a bit of heat in them than the OEM pad.

I personally think the upgrade is worthwhile, depends how you drive the car. For track use I would imagine you would want something even better than the ds2500.

Maybe yes, if your tyres are letting go then surely your brakes are adequate and it's the tyres that need the upgrade.

If it were for track use then obviously other factors are bought in like fade etc, but I doubt you will be able to induce brake fade very often on the road.

Just a thought thats all.

Ah ok thanks, well I haven't noticed the ABS tbh, I'm on Hankook V12's if that means anything to you!

Cant really give you any figures mate but they have held up rather well on the megane I had for two years (road use) and only just put them on the clio. They are a good pad for the road, no squeeling at low speed and stronger bite once you have a bit of heat in them than the OEM pad.

I personally think the upgrade is worthwhile, depends how you drive the car. For track use I would imagine you would want something even better than the ds2500.

Ok thanks for the thoughts!

I'm not really looking to upgrade anything else, I suppose my original post should have read

Is it worth upgrading pads as they are due for renewal, or just go oem again?

simple do this :clap: