Best background for converted blue dials.

hi,

just looking for thoughts..

thinking of changing the silver surround to glossy black carbon fibre which i think will pick up the red spot over cast from the needles. and for the black dull plastic around the old silver surround have this in piano black

or

silver surround in piano black and black dull plastic in non clossy carbon fibre.

Snag - you lose visibility of the KPM readings as you can see and the 7.5-8k rev display in red is not as red but have a work around around this.

Attachments

• Clio 197 Dials blue.jpg
    Clio 197 Dials blue.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 87
Replace with blue SMD's and you have an orange material film/plastic to spread the lighting on the standard. This is replaced by a smillar material that you see photographers use in photo shoot to spread the blue SMD light..

I should get all completed by mid next week and a company is doing my soldering (smallest SMD are 1mm x 2mm) and will do group buys and kits after mine is all completed.. I just need to fully sort out the issue of colour bleed for 7.5-8k rev reading tonight..

watch this space !! :smile:

I was going to send mine off to crazy LEDs beginning of this week but never got round to taking it out and sending it!! Have you just done the speedo or have you done the screen in the middle of the dashboard to match??

Jason, you can do those tiny leds mate. I'd say they were easier than the medium sized ones, just pulled my spare clocks apart (thanks for the tip about pulled the needles off)

i dont know the part numbers for them though, do you?

Yep blue everywhere apart from standard warning lights.

No can do mike. Blew my 1st spare set on sunday and went through a good set of SMDs they are 0603's.

Cheesed off on sunday i turned to michael at crazyled. Set you see in the pics was a test one he tried today and did this in 20 mins flat. Dude must have a proper rig. My mate £200 unit was chucking way too much heat.

Ive just stripped my car dials,center dash display, climate unit and headunit display to just board level today to send off. Should be back on sat am. He has done it as a trial lot and will price up for group deal or full kit if anyone wants.

The center dash, head unit are easy as they are the 3mm square ones but ive returned the iron and no smd..

PS did u sort the shift buzer?

Anyone wandering renault were sensible to not built in the imobiliser in the console like some models. Car runs without the dials and interchangeable. Only thing other dial bolds mileage of donor car.

Lots of pics how strip if anyone wants a guide.

Anyone after working set of dials and climate unit pm me.

Last edited: