benfield health check loads of reds arghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

hi all had my car to benfield today to get new keycard programmed, on picking up the car i was informed they did a free health check and here is a list of item they put in red (apparently need quick attention)

1.o/s/f antiroll bar link bent
2.play in front hub bearings
3.front discs corroded not yet excessive
4.rear discs excessivley corroded
5. all four tyres!!!

i know small amount about cars and have already planned to get rear discs and pads done, from what i can tell my tyres are near limit but even all round easily have few more mm on them.

are these checks overly critical? im panicking now
cheers Andrew:confused1:

if you think its not right get a second opinion
you can check your tyres ya self

Tyres should be your priority, when you buy rear discs make sure you get ones that are supplied complete with bearings and ABS tone wheels. Also motor factor parts are fine so long as they are a brand you have heard of, for example my rear pads are Bosch but will be of similar quality to dealer parts, albeit at a lower cost.

Drop link should be straightforward and cheap.

You might want to get a second opinion on the front hub bearings, Ken182 had this on one side on his, and I think it was a bit of a job. More common on Renault's is play in the track rods.

on last mot it had advisory for track rod ends, looking at tyres they still have minimum 2mm and more in the middle, rear discs are next job i can tell they need done however front look ok to me good surface small lip,

Similar Thread Suggestions