Bedding in discs

Hey,

How do you recommend bedding new discs in?

Also it looks a pretty simple job to fit but is it as easy as it looks?

You'll need a large Allen key socket for the caliper mounting bolts, probaly on a 1/2 inch breaker bar as they're pretty tight. If you have problems speak to me I may be able to help.

Bedding in wise most people say progressive stops and build up heat etc. Personally I just go real easy on them for 300 miles and my brakes never squeal or lack performance.

What setup you looking at?

Ah cheers I'll grab the stuff to do it tomorrow.

K-tec's 2-piece discs :smile: groved and I assume this near side?

2012-01-30230719.jpg

Yes that's the nearside. Rotor to bell bolts have a silly low torque setting of 18lb/ft according to ktec but I just pinched mine up with the old arm wrench. Unless they've rectified the problem the retaining screws WILL NOT refit correctly in the hub so leave them out as the pattern on the bell has been drilled wrong.

You'll need a 12mm hex key to remove the caliper bolts, they are an M14 thread. As for bedding in it all depends what pads your running. For standard I take it easy for a few hundred miles. But for DS2500's for example the bed in procedure is go out and give them loads of grief, let them cool and your good to go, has sumin to do with the resin that bonds them.

K-tec's 2-piece discs :smile: groved and I assume this near side?

Oh and the grooves can be any direction you like, it makes no difference from the grooving point of view. The only thing that affects which way they run is if the webbing has a direction and I'm pretty sure they don't

You'll need a 12mm hex key to remove the caliper bolts, they are an M14 thread. As for bedding in it all depends what pads your running. For standard I take it easy for a few hundred miles. But for DS2500's for example the bed in procedure is go out and give them loads of grief, let them cool and your good to go, has sumin to do with the resin that bonds them.

Just as well I read this as I've opted for DS2500s for our new discs. Will hammer 'em from the start (Once I get the car back in the morning). :thumbup:

I've got ds2500's but they are already bedded.

I'll just build temperature into them slowly and then go for a big stop then go for a good cool down :smile:

Im looking forward to fitting them as they look amazing!!!