Beanys RB 200 cup

*post Donington update*

Saw a last minute advertisement on FB by MSV Trackdays for a bank holiday Monday session at Donington Park, had afew words with my trackday compatriot @Big Ben and it was settled!

Seen as it’s my fairly local track I chose to drive down in the morning, if I’d know our lass would’ve snored all night perhaps I would’ve slept on the sofa or booked a hotel :tearsofjoy:

Managed to get my tuition slot in early doors so could push it for the rest of the day. It was quite a cold day so barely any heat in the tyres, aside this Car ran faultlessly and had a good couple of laps fending off an M2.

Had Ben as a passenger when I had my whoops moment, going sideways into Roberts :flushed:

All in all a very good day at a track I thoroughly enjoy... afew pics of what I took before the official ones get posted.

2943B18A-84F3-4EE6-867A-3F22357DA084.jpeg 0D85055F-20A8-4482-B0D0-B2B7337A92BD.jpeg 61D39A74-1F24-4002-BE96-474FA50861BD.jpeg 05D19337-9CB2-4A07-BEBF-4ED167634225.jpeg 45E089D2-D4B9-4ED9-9180-0562D5063C58.jpeg

Attachments

• 3A00DB8E-9821-46B5-9CA0-B6732FF0E14F.jpeg
    3A00DB8E-9821-46B5-9CA0-B6732FF0E14F.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 14
Very nice car you have there young man. Be nice to meet at a track day sometime this year. Ill keep a lookout for you.
:smile: thank you very much, yeah will have to keep an eye out! Got Cadwell booked for 25th aug but would like to get afew in before then

My favourite car on here at the minute.
I'm looking at doing a 200 with a Meg engine, needs to look like this and especially in this colour.

Reactions: Beany
My favourite car on here at the minute.
I'm looking at doing a 200 with a Meg engine, needs to look like this and especially in this colour.
Cheers mate, still plenty to do but sadly not enough funds :smile:

I went out with @Big Ben and it’s an absolute riot... so much torque! Personally I love the n/a but great fun

Nothing much to update...

Cars been for its mot and comeback with no advisories, also had the engine oil changed along with oil filter and had the braided lines fitted and fresh 660 rbf brake fluid.

Had a cheeky test fit of the TDs over the weekend :smile:

Roll on the next trackday

107BD423-3BAD-4036-9C64-A17F5E5E6EB2.jpeg

Well where to start, saw some black insert headlights for sale on FB and seeing as the cups came with the silver ones I much prefer the black so managed to acquire these, sadly they got thrown about and afew clips have broke but nothing major or structural. Secondly since taking the seats out I decided to tidy the boot up, so purchased and collected a boot mat from @Heppy997

Started off on Saturday taking the diffuser off, managed to not break any clips however noticed one is slightly bent, gave it a clean and bonded the carbon tips I bought from Pure motorsport.

Following the very helpful guides on here i managed to remove the front bumper albeit struggled with the arch liner and a stubborn bolt on the undertray. Apart from that swapping the headlights was easy and
Popped the bumper back on. Fixed the top back on and will fix the rest next weekend ordered some new arch liner clips as one perished.

For a novice with tools I’m rather pleased with doing this myself. Alas here’s some pics...

CBAF6CFA-A424-46E0-9F0C-19704F225763.jpeg E132E292-6165-47D1-B00A-0A19D7853E0A.jpeg 8F90E9E7-7677-4AB3-B7EA-D15CB26583FB.jpeg 5A94BBB5-7963-4EAE-9ED5-BEF3E8A2DC16.jpeg DFCDE82B-B0E5-404D-8578-277DDE766FA8.jpeg

Well where to start, saw some black insert headlights for sale on FB and seeing as the cups came with the silver ones I much prefer the black so managed to acquire these, sadly they got thrown about and afew clips have broke but nothing major or structural. Secondly since taking the seats out I decided to tidy the boot up, so purchased and collected a boot mat from @Heppy997

Started off on Saturday taking the diffuser off, managed to not break any clips however noticed one is slightly bent, gave it a clean and bonded the carbon tips I bought from Pure motorsport.

Following the very helpful guides on here i managed to remove the front bumper albeit struggled with the arch liner and a stubborn bolt on the undertray. Apart from that swapping the headlights was easy and
Popped the bumper back on. Fixed the top back on and will fix the rest next weekend ordered some new arch liner clips as one perished.

For a novice with tools I’m rather pleased with doing this myself. Alas here’s some pics...

View attachment 133964 View attachment 133965 View attachment 133966 View attachment 133967 View attachment 133968

Pretty sure the front bumper removal guide most used on here, is my Clio! Haha KT10WSW, old ref

Looking good Chris!
Now just to deal with the lack of front splitter

Top work Chris. Removing the seats and putting the mat down looks a really good also loving the exhaust tips [emoji7]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Pretty sure the front bumper removal guide most used on here, is my Clio! Haha KT10WSW, old ref

Looking good Chris!
Now just to deal with the lack of front splitter

I know I’ve been looking but still unsure, if need side skirts to make it look good

Decided to pull my finger out and finish everything off, I bought some Philips silvervision indicators to get rid off the “fried egg” look! Fully fixed the bumper and put the rear diffuser back on.
Took it for a blast and sadly the wipers started acting up and now they’re stuck upright :worried: think they’re sized from reading on some posts here, sadly not going to tackle them as not that confident!
4370E925-7809-42CB-967D-233C5DC6EBFE.jpeg 45C1D95A-6710-4849-83DB-844D22AF1CC9.jpeg 1B6496A6-B579-431A-94F3-8C5262D86D8F.jpeg

Turning into a right spanner monkey ! Well done......

Car looks great and has seriously been transformed in the last 12 months.

That's a shame about the wipers mate!

It's worth trying to take them apart atleast if you're only going to buy new anyway! Who knows, you may be able to do it and save yourself a fair whack. If you attempt it and can't then nothing lost as you'd be replacing anyway

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

That's a shame about the wipers mate!

It's worth trying to take them apart atleast if you're only going to buy new anyway! Who knows, you may be able to do it and save yourself a fair whack. If you attempt it and can't then nothing lost as you'd be replacing anyway

Yeah I know, read afew threads on here and figured out they’re seized and don’t have the required tools to pull it off..cars booked in next week anyway so we’ll see

Reactions: lewishunter98
Fair enough mate. That's the sort of thing I'd dive into head first and realise I don't have the tools once it's too late [emoji23][emoji23]