Bas***d Road Tax Increase - Robbing gets!

Arran

I Love Lamp
Platinum Member
Had my road tax reminder come through the other day as it is due by the end of the month. I can't beleive I've nearly had the car 6 months! But anyway, the ******* government have put the ******* cost of the disc up!

You now have to pay £235 a year or £129.25 for 6 months for them to destroy the suspension with the ****ey road surfaces! It is daylight robbery. I think I might report them to the police for theft when I eventually stomach the courage to hand over my hard earned for it next week!

yup and petrol will go up in the budget mate
more of ya hard earnt money gone :angry:

But does it help? I'm not sure it would. You'd probably:

1. get arrested
2. loose your job as a result of point 1
3. loose your car as a result of point 2
4. loose your house also as a result of point 2 (altough I live with my parents still at the moment so this doesn't apply to me)!
5. loose your girlfriend/wife/finacee as a result of all the points above
6. commit suicide and no one would turn up to your funeral as a result of all points above!

Lol!

Whereas the French don't go to work that much anyway, so non of the points above matter!

I love my 197 way too much not to pay it, and I think the government know this. What I can't understand is how the Road Fund Licence system is fair?

If I drive my Clio 197 which costs £235 PY in tax, but I only do 8000 miles per year, surely I'm poluting less than someone driving a Toyota Prius which costs nothing to tax PY and drives 15000 miles per year?

I don't understnad why they don't scrap the whole Road Tax system and add the duty on top of fuel. That way, the more you drive, the way you drive (in terms of drive eco friendly or not) and what car you buy to do those miles in is directly linked to the amount of co2 you create and the amount of damage you create to the roads.

I can only see one problem with this method - calculating it fairly. What the government need to do id take the average vehicle doing avaerage millage per year and make it no more expensive using this method. So for arguments sake, if the best selling car in the UK is a 1.8l Petrol Ford Focus Zetec Hatch and the average millage for that type of vehicle is 12000 miles, calculate it so that over those 12000 mile the extra in fuel is no more than the £165 Tax Disc (or whatever the value is). But of corse they wouldn't do this!

Does anyone agree?

Road Tax,
Tax on Fuel
Income Tax
National Insurance
VAT
Council Tax
Tax on Savings
Tax on Shares
Tax on car Insurance
Inheritance Tax
Airport Tax
Stamp Duty
Showroom Tax
Capital Gains Tax

Is there anything the government doesn't tax us on? Then again they have to pay for their expenses somehow......bunch of crooks the lot of them!!!!

Your joking! What's it going up to? I bet the tax on banker's bonuses is staying the same!

Apparently there's going to be a new 'Breathing Tax.'

It depends how much CO2 you breath out, so smokers will be taxed more.

Road Tax,
Tax on Fuel
Income Tax
National Insurance
VAT
Council Tax
Tax on Savings
Tax on Shares
Tax on car Insurance
Inheritance Tax
Airport Tax
Stamp Duty
Showroom Tax
Capital Gains Tax

Is there anything the government doesn't tax us on? Then again they have to pay for their expenses somehow......bunch of crooks the lot of them!!!!

Not to mention the added tax on alcohol and cigarettes which will no doubt be going up again come budget time!