Auto Dim Mirror Wired Up

[MENTION=26798]Craig211[/MENTION] Ive measured the impedence and my tester is showing an open circuit as you describe. My mirror is working perfectly though. Have you actually wired it up and been out in the dark. Just trying the mirror while the car is parked doesnt really give a true idea of it working

Received my mirror the other day, all nicely sprayed in a colour to match my interior and ready to be fitted only to realise that I'm missing the most valid part. The bit that goes on the windscreen and allows the mirror body to be attached on it, the actual mount/fitting.

Now, my car didn't come with auto lights/auto wipers so it doesn't have the big mirror with the plastic surround body that covers the sensors but the small awful looking one (different mount obviously). So I'd have to completely remove the old and fit the new one however as previously mentioned I haven't got the part to hook the mirror on. Any ideas from where I can get one?

Thanks guys
@Evo_XT @ashtons99

Last edited:
@Yiannis197 are you sure your mirror doesn't fit on the existing mount. The mount on mine is a small metal "block" about 1.5cm square that the alloy mirror mount locks onto. I would have thought yours will be the same. Around the mounting block is a silicone mould with the rain sensor mounted in it - obviously you won't have that, neither will you have the specific screen with the shading around the mirror mount but it's the small block screen mount which is the essential bit. How does your mirror bond to the screen if you don't have the block

Hi [MENTION=6120]ashtons99[/MENTION] thanks for your reply mate.

My mirror is this

65275C1C-9A66-434F-BD0D-DA159711AE88_zpsuwrbfzaj.jpg

and here is a picture of the Megane mirror

63143232-F2F3-4940-B4F3-30B1F5C87467_zpssbuiwxwm.jpg

It appears that I'm missing a square bit that slots into the mirror casing and I can't find it anywhere!

If you remove your existing mirror ( push upwards towards roof) [MENTION=2045]Yiannis197[/MENTION] you will be left with the small mounting block attached to the screen. Your new mirror will mount on that. You just need the screen trim which clips over the metal mirror mount. I hope you have that as frustratingly I threw mine away when it came with the dimming mirror as I used my old trim

Ah ok I see mate. I thought that this block you are referring to is glued to the existing mirror and not detachable. I'll give it a go thanks [MENTION=6120]ashtons99[/MENTION].

However I'm going to have to move it further up the windscreen because I'm fitting the megane mirror which has a base trim and is therefore bigger/chunkier, unless of course I want it to be in the middle of the windscreen lol. Is this doable? Did you have to change the location of the mounting block?

Last edited:
I had a new screen fitted Yiannis and auto glass bonded the mirror mount onto the new one so provided you get the right adhesive moving the mounting block shouldn't be a problem. Maybe call in at your local screen fitter with a 4 pack and the lads there will re bond it for you. If it helps I can measure the distance from the top of the screen to the top edge of the mounting block. That way you will know that the trim surround will sit in the right place. Let me know

That would be extremely helpful mate if you could. And may I ask, what is a 4 pack?

EDIT. lol to me, I only realised what you meant haha!

Something else and just to confirm mate, you have the same mirror as me right?

14113345830_cf9bc688e7_o.jpgDSC001 by YiannisR27, on Flickr

Last edited:
A bit like a six pack but 2 less!!! A pack of 4.....beers ! :smile: always works wonders when looking for a favour

[MENTION=2045]Yiannis197[/MENTION] yes same mirror although yours looks great in colour. I've measured today and the top edge of the screen mounting block is exactly 30mm below where the headlining meets the screen

Old thread however I tried this today doing the same as the previous page but the top interior lights both stay on really dim when connecting the live up to the mirror. Anyone else had this or wired up differently?

Similar Thread Suggestions