Auto Dim Mirror Wired Up

Since not everyone know the easiest way how to wired up the auto dim I decided to do a how to do it tread
1st you need to remove and fitted the megane on the screen
2nd you need to remove the front interior light and try to push through 2 cables inside the roof to the front of the windscreen
3rd you need to wired up the cables to the mirror side Black is earth White is Live for the mirror
4th now wired the cables on the front interior light side like below as the pic shows
2014-04-11194507_zps6cfc0892.jpg
make sure when you wired this side up the car either have the.battery disconnected or the car is locked so electricity is off
At last put back everything back where it should be and enjoy your auto dim mirror like mine
20140411_194720_zpsd7063a09.jpg

I've been waiting for this information for months are you saying that the white wire on the mirror loom is live and black is negative, just so I'm sure :smile: [MENTION=4107]Evo_XT[/MENTION]

There seems to be plenty of them on eBay from £10 upwards.

edit: just bought one at £12 inc postage. So going to have a go at it. I will wire it up off the car first I think just to make sure.

Last edited:
for testing the mirror you need to get some light to the sensor u facing but also block the light to the sensor at the rear so it will then dim

Well I'm getting there, got the mirror installed,soldered on the extensions to the mirror wiring and fed it back to the courtesy light. I just have to find a live and earth feed in the courtesy light. Watch this space

Job done. Just been out in garage and finished. I had to find the feed from the mirror. Mine has the additional reading lamps in the courtesy light unit so different to [MENTION=4107]Evo_XT[/MENTION]. I soldered the mirror feed wires onto the copper conductors. Looking at my photo -ve is the left connection and +ve the right. Be award this only goes 12v when the courtesy light goes out so there is no feed if the door is open when you are testing it! Also it goes zero volts when car shuts down or locked.
It's not easy to test but I put a piece of tape over the sensor on the back of the mirror and when I shone a torch into the mirror there was a noticeable image darkening.
I paid £12 for the mirror on eBay. It came with the backing shell trim but you don't need that as the original one fits.

The mirror is slightly larger than original but looks nice once fitted.
Well done [MENTION=4107]Evo_XT[/MENTION] for the inspiration uhuzuba3.jpgtygubate.jpga5avyda5.jpg

Bought mine as well this morning. Thanks for all the info here guys:smile:

Question, how do you remove the original one? Any advice so as to try not to crack the windscreen? Cheers

[MENTION=6120]ashtons99[/MENTION] could you measure the resistance across the power wires on your mirror I don think mine works :worried: if I could get the resistance from a working one I could possibly see what the problem is :smile: thanks

Yuannis. You need to push the mirror down the screen from the top. If you look at the mirror you are fitting you will see where it mounts to the screen the alloy square part with the pring in the centre has 3 raised sides and one which is level so allows the mirror to slide off the screen boss.

Craig
To measure the resistance I will need to disconnect it from where I have soldered It onto the interior light comtacts or it will measure the resistance within the whole circuit. I will see what I can do though. How many ohms is yours showing

I'm getting open circuit through the black and white connections which is y I think it's phucked, and in your case unplug the light and switch all lights to off the two connections you've used become open circuit :smile: [MENTION=6120]ashtons99[/MENTION]

Similar Thread Suggestions