Autec Wizard

I thought the ET45 offset would cause issues and require longer bolts?

Offset has nothing to do with where the bolts go through, offset is the difference between an "imaginary centreline" to the back of a hub (mounting face).
So with the width of a wheel, it tells you where the wheel will sit. The bolt holes and placement is quite common on most wheels, the thickness of the hole to the mounting face will be more or less same as OEM wheels, even a bit of variance the standard bolts will have enough to compensate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beany and schmacky2
I thought the ET45 offset would cause issues and require longer bolts?

no it’s just the rim centre of the wheel sticks out 23mm further than the oem wheel (ET68)

You’d have an issue if you slip on ran spacers at 23mm on ET68 then youd Need longer bolts for example

Reactions: schmacky2
Another question, is there any worth running tyres wider than 215 on the wizards? Thinking about pilot sport 4.

Another question, is there any worth running tyres wider than 215 on the wizards? Thinking about pilot sport 4.

I run 225/45/17 on OEM 7.5" Speedline wheels, they work out ET47 (they're ET68, but I run 21mm spacers all round) I am also on Eibach springs and get zero rubbing even pushing it, so Autecs with 17x7.5J ET45 (so poke out 2mm more) should be fine.

Also 225/45/17 are much cheaper than 215/45/17 being a more common tyre.

If you click on this link, it goes to a roadtrip I did in September and you can see how mine sits, will be similar to what you're thinking, I personally think 225 fit perfectly, it is what most 7.5J wheels run from OEMs (my E36 came from factory on 17x7.5J fronts with 225/45/17 and 17x8.5J rears with 245/40/17 tyres)

Last edited:
  • Love
"Be warned tyreleader don’t list them for a clio as some sets come with m14 holes and some come with m12 holes (5x108 m12 are Ford fitment and older renaults like Laguna etc)"

May I ask how will the m14 and m12 holes cause any issues? Sorry if stupid question...

"Be warned tyreleader don’t list them for a clio as some sets come with m14 holes and some come with m12 holes (5x108 m12 are Ford fitment and older renaults like Laguna etc)"

May I ask how will the m14 and m12 holes cause any issues? Sorry if stupid question...

Well, technically speaking it's as RSRowe said however I genuinely cannot understand the original quote as I've never heard of wheels having a specific hole size for different bolts/nuts, what matters is PCD - in this case being 5x108.

What I take from the original quote is you would receive the wrong FITTING KIT - so wrong bolts/nuts and spigot ring for the Clio RS 197/200 but the wheel itself would be the same.

Well, technically speaking it's as RSRowe said however I genuinely cannot understand the original quote as I've never heard of wheels having a specific hole size for different bolts/nuts, what matters is PCD - in this case being 5x108.

What I take from the original quote is you would receive the wrong FITTING KIT - so wrong bolts/nuts and spigot ring for the Clio RS 197/200 but the wheel itself would be the same.

No, they genuinely had different sized holes...they were predominantly made for a car with M12 holes, but then they realised that Renault owners may want them, so there are both sets floating about (as many companies buy in bulk, they might have older stock).

Reactions: R27_F1
No, they genuinely had different sized holes...they were predominantly made for a car with M12 holes, but then they realised that Renault owners may want them, so there are both sets floating about (as many companies buy in bulk, they might have older stock).
I stand corrected. Would that be the reason why they're not listed on Autec's own website as fitting the Clio RS 197/200?

I stand corrected. Would that be the reason why they're not listed on Autec's own website as fitting the Clio RS 197/200?

Yep I think so, same with many of these wheel selling companies, I thought it was due to using OEM width and offset being so high, but it could also be that too.

I bought a set a while back and from memory they were for a megane or Laguna. Search for mk 2 meg wheels. Might get lucky

Reactions: suj and R27_F1