Autec Wizard - Fitment query

Good evening all

I’m hoping you can help me. I’m looking to get some Autec Wizards for my Clio 200 which has Cooksport springs fitted as they’re significantly cheaper than OZ Ultraleggeras.

I’ve come across a set on eBay from Germany for €595.70 with a fitment of 7.5x17 ET45 5x114,3.

Please can you confirm if this is the correct fitment for my Clio which will result in around 23mm poke which would negate the need for me to fit spacers?

Also would I have to buy spigot rings?

Many thanks in advance:thumb:

Ranjan

Hi PITA

Thanks so much for your quick reply.

I guess this would be the correct ones to go for then:

eBay says it won’t fit my Clio but maybe that’s because the advert only mentions fitting the Laguna and Megane.

Also in terms of quality, is there a noticeable difference between the Autec Wizards and the Ultraleggeras given the Wizards are nearly half the price?

Many thanks

I’ve heard from the eBay seller of these wheels, tuner shop Germany and they’ve said that for the 7.5 x 17 et45 5 x108 fitment “there is no TÜV approval for these rims on Clio Sport 200.”

Can anyone point in the right direction to get these rims in the correct fitment for the Clio 200 MK3?

Many thanks

The 7.5 x 17 ET45 5 x 108 will fit on your mk 3 200. They will fit under your arches but will poke out an extra 23mm compared to standard Renault wheels.

I am not sure what TUV approval is like for wheels that are a non standard size?

I have some Ultraleggeras that are ET40 and they just about squeeze under my arches with a touch of negative camber.

DCDB6661-EE66-4CF3-A5B9-E534A164BB22.jpeg

Whether they fit is a different question as to whether they have TÜV approval.

They do fit, depends where you are based and whether you need TÜV certificate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

69f47e5eea4a9b272435576dd7b97372.jpg

This is 7.5 x 17 Autec Wizard 5 x 108 ET45 without spacers on a 215/45/17 equivalent tyre

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TUV approval means nothing in the UK, you'll be fine with that fitment just make sure you get the correct spigot rings to fit the clio centre bore.

You will need 70.1mm to 60.1mm spigot rings for these wheels on a Clio 200

Reactions: Big Ben
Thank you all for your replies, I really appreciate it and it gives me comfort that these wheels will fit my Clio! @burrellbloke I’m in the U.K. so TÜV approval isn’t necessary.

The seller has said they will come with 60,1 mm spigot rings which will fit the Clio.

Just in terms of quality, is there a noticeable difference with these wheels compared to the OZ Ultraleggeras?

Many thanks :smile:

Just in terms of quality, is there a noticeable difference with these wheels compared to the OZ Ultraleggeras?

I've run both, but now sold the Autec and I just run OZ wheels, mainly because I wanted an 8J wheel to run 225 and 235 tyres. OZ are a well established motorsport wheel manufacturer with over 30 years of experience, including supplying wheels to F1, WRC, DTM and IndyCar.

Autec are a German company who supply OEM wheels to Mercedes, BMW and Mini with some experience in club racing, but don't have the provenance of OZ.

I would have no problem running Autec wheels (and have done on track). Hard to quantify but you get what you pay for, I suspect.

I bought my Wizards from @R20BTG and they're absolutely fine. He had a big off into Donington gravel sideways, I've had 2 big spins onto soft grass as Cadwell and Snetterton, still going strong. No sign of cracks or bending. Plus the fitment is really good, they sit perfectly in the arches in my opinion

Reactions: R20BTG
To add to that, in my ownership they've done around 12 trackdays, all of which have been spent taking kerbs with way too much reckless abandon. Surprised I haven't broken anything really...

Reactions: R20BTG
Thank you all for your helpful replies, I think I’m sold on the Autec Wizards, they sound like great wheels and quite a bit cheaper than the Ultraleggeras.

Thank you all for your helpful replies, I think I’m sold on the Autec Wizards, they sound like great wheels and quite a bit cheaper than the Ultraleggeras.

Just remember due to Brexit you will have to pay tax and duty on those wheels...so make sure you go in with your eyes open so you're not surprised with a massive bill from the courier before they release the wheels to you!

Just remember due to Brexit you will have to pay tax and duty on those wheels...so make sure you go in with your eyes open so you're not surprised with a massive bill from the courier before they release the wheels to you!
Good point, though I already asked the seller about this and they responded as follows:

“The delivery requires up to one week in total.

We send our goods to the UK "DDP" = delivered duty paid, so there are no additional costs on your end.”

So hopefully no nasty surprises when it comes to delivery!

Reactions: suj

Similar Thread Suggestions