Autec Wizard

jimmybell

Paid Member
hi folks!

they've been discussed/mentioned/used a few times but i'm having trouble sourcing the exact thing to order... and where to order from.

It seems you can get 7.5x17 ET45 5x108 wheels in a few places, but not the 60.1 centre bore ( only 70?).. and you need a spigot ring to solve this? but i've no idea how to get that, or where from? a little clueless!

Anyone ordered these recently with any success? and do they fit OK with a 225 tyre on coilovers?

Many people run them with 215 and 225 tyres.

If you on eBay and type in "70 to 60.1 spigot" there are loads, there is many a debate of "metal vs plastic" which is better, pick one, order them and throw them on.

Speak to Matt (@R27WTF ) who owns Supreme Motorsport and he'll sort you out the wheels and I'm sure he'll provide the correct spigot rings (he also does plenty more, from suspension, to in-house made braided brake lines etc).

They fit fine with a 225 tyre on coilovers. As said by Suj just search eBay for spigot rings. That’s where I got mine. Great wheels. Nice and light
A89A2DCE-E554-4CB9-88DC-48B1B3A88716.jpeg

Reactions: suj
Great, thanks guys. I had actually seen pics of yours Ben and thats partly what sold them to me!

I noticed actually you can get 5x108 on tyreleader (they just have two listings for wizards, with diff bolt sizes spread across them).

I assume for track work metal spigots are preferable?

Shame they dont come in matt black, i suspect thats gonna look the best with liquid yellow.

There's so much pros and cons of both, the different in metal can cause corrosion and then they seize on the hub or wheel, but then like you said track work may cause the plastic to melt (I haven't heard of any, but please do your research).

I am not a fan of black wheels at all, you lose all of the shape of the wheels from any sort of distance, I think the anthracite works very well even with LY

I couldn't find a pic of the Autecs on a LY, but here are some OZ in Anthracite (similar in spoke size etc):

received10156722747405739_1480x.jpg.6789a71b8a0ecbde02dcba566fbf6f1a.jpg

I tend to agree, i dont like losing the wheel definition due to being too dark, but the car is all black/yellow so figured id continue the theme - thats actually the first LY / grey photo ive seen .. looks nice.

Ive got gloss black on cup wheels now and im not convinced (how they came when i bought it), but matt black on another car i have i really like.

Oz seem like a good shout but i get the impression you’re paying more than double just for the brand name.

You may get some rubbing with 225s depending on how low you go. Mine came with plastic spigot rings, had no issues with them during regular spirited drives.

Reactions: suj
I tend to agree, i dont like losing the wheel definition due to being too dark, but the car is all black/yellow so figured id continue the theme - thats actually the first LY / grey photo ive seen .. looks nice.

Ive got gloss black on cup wheels now and im not convinced (how they came when i bought it), but matt black on another car i have i really like.

Oz seem like a good shout but i get the impression you’re paying more than double just for the brand name.

That's odd, as all LY R27s came with Anthracite wheels and look great.
I get your logic with keeping the black theme, but I above also has black side bullets etc and it still works.
Sorry I wasn't trying to say buy OZ wheels, as like you said they're really expensive, it was more for showing how they look.

haha yeah np.. more of a general comment about Oz. i like the idea, but i think i'd rather allocate that money to recaros as they'd be the second set of wheels anyway. I would probably put my cup wheels back to anthracite as the gloss does get lost, but they're mostly for bimbling about in winter, and have crappy tyres on right now. one for next year!

I was actually thinking having to add/remove metal spigot rings every track visit might be painful if they're prone to sticking. i suppose worst case the plastic ones melt a bit and you buy metal for future use.

For now, standard cup suspension. i'll see how the autec's look with cup springs, but b14 eventually i suspect, though mostly for handling rather than looks.

I bought plastic spigots and had zero issues from around 15 track days. They are track dedicated wheels though so are more often off the car than on

good to know! thank you.

i think that settles it, there's lots of plastic options on ebay (metal seems like more of a custom order, albeit still only around £30).

Any recommendation on track tyre? I notice the nice blackcircles 4MICH40 discount code for PS4 that i can use for road, but i figure they'd not much use on a track unless it's raining..

PS4 will overheat on track (once it's dry again), there are many options depending on budget, Yokohama AD08R (new ones are AD08RS and people said they are not as good as the older ones), Nankang NS2R, Federal 595-RSR, these are more road with some track.
Yokohama A048R, Dunlop DZ03G, Toyo R888R, Nankang AR1, Kumho K70a, these are more track focused, but still road legal (you wouldn't want to run them on road loads).

It's all down to budget, your level of track experience, mods on your car etc, as you want to learn about the car, start with some of the cheaper ones, find what works for you and your driving style, then change the car as you go along, it will evolve.

Best advice, pay for tuition, will learn more in that than just throwing money on mods.

Reactions: Big Ben
good to know! thank you.

i think that settles it, there's lots of plastic options on ebay (metal seems like more of a custom order, albeit still only around £30).

Any recommendation on track tyre? I notice the nice blackcircles 4MICH40 discount code for PS4 that i can use for road, but i figure they'd not much use on a track unless it's raining..
PS4 are excellent. I use them for road and wet/damp track days. If it’s bone dry they overheat very quickly though. Direzza are the best semi slick you can buy imo. I’ve just bought Nankang AR1 will review them after this weekend if it’s dry!

Reactions: RSRowe and suj
Hi we can help you.

All wheels purchased from us will come with spigot rings.

Be warned tyreleader don’t list them for a clio as some sets come with m14 holes and some come with m12 holes (5x108 m12 are Ford fitment and older renaults like Laguna etc)

Hope this helps if you need any help drop me a message or email

Contact@supreme-motorsport.co.uk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: suj and R20BTG