Anyone wanna earn....

£100ish

I'd like some new springs fitted to my 197. My mate has quoted a huge figure to do them, although he isn't an expert and just gave me rough timings to do them.... Help!

I haven't bought them yet but plan to dependant on fitting price!:kiss:

Mike

Flippin eck! I thought £100 for fitting springs is expensive lol.

What is the average price then?

I've always done mine myself

I paid £60 to get them fitted to my ST previously.. £30 an hour is the going rate for mechanics around here :L

Well he reckoned that the fronts would take 3-4 hours and the backs around an hour, thus a quote of around £200 to fit, plus the purchase price of the springs.... :worried:

Anyone know a garage down south that will price cheaper.... :smiley:

Last edited:
I got quoted £100 too. Apparently the subframe has to be dropped to allow the removal of front springs? Maybe hence the price?

Last edited:
Front springs are a bitch on the 197/200. Think I got quoted ~£250 to fit at a garage, ended up doing it myself but am in no rush to do them again!

The rears take like 5 minutes... One bolt each side! The fronts are a different story and can be a more difficult! However if you know what you are doing they ain't to bad! However i don't think £200 is that unreasonable! Possibly more £100-£150 would be better!

Ricky at rpm ( you may not know him) quoted me £100 but he said it is the first one he will have done so if its alot harder than it looks, then he may bump the price up!

Ricky at rpm ( you may not know him) quoted me £100 but he said it is the first one he will have done so if its alot harder than it looks, then he may bump the price up!

That's always a worry! I don't remember paying that much on the Saxo - nearly 10years ago mind - I'm getting old! :'(

RickyP has a decent rep too, I heard its the fronts that are a bitch to do though by all accounts. When the time comes I'm not sure if ill fit them myself or not :worried:

Mate I did the front in an hour and the rears in ten minutes to longer to fetch jack so it shouldn't be that bad a job for a qualified mechanic.

I just compressed the shocks and then lifted strut out of the lower hub. Put the strut in vice took spring off to use top mount on my kws put it back together job done. I'm also a mechanic by trade and have all the tools I need in the workshop.

Also some places when I got mind said you had to drop the sub frame it's all non sense