anyone know of any steel wheels that fit 197 rs?

want a set of steels for the winter, anyone found anything from other models that fits over the brakes??
smaller the better so the winter tyres are cheaper !!
cheers
dan

cheers
but dont really want to buy 4 wheels just on the off chance, anybody actually fitted anything ? or know 100" what diameter fits?
cheers

Go to a scrap yard and see if they've got some you could quickly try on.

would these fit?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-GENUINE..._tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&hash=item2582ddd12f

Dan do you do any steering wheel trimming? I usually use Southbound for my Porsche stuff.

Cheers

Lee

Watch which wheels you buy! I bought 5 laguna silverstone alloys (4+spare) and the spare was a 2004 wheel which turns out had a 12mm bolt hole, I was able to drill it out at work but if you don't have access to the right equipment your looking at 20-30 quid a wheel to get done, but on a positive note if the holes are right they fit perfectly :smile:

Ps. Them wheels are expensive! I was £75 for 5 but tbf the tyres where shot

Last edited:
Best bet would be to get four space saver steel wheels. The red spares that came with the Espace and Vel Satis fit - they are the same as the optional spare for the Megane 225. There's plenty around on eBay, but because they are suspended from below the car normally they tend to be a bit rough and rusty. As long as you can get the existing tyre off you'll be able to rust-treat, sand and paint them black.

It's a 17x5.5J wheel, though, so you may have trouble finding winter tyres that fit. You might get a 205/50 R17 to fit.

Joe