anyone got a K&N Apollo Induction Kit

I still think theres a way an air feed can be fed from the grill. I've seen it on megane's, someone just needs to get another clio grill and have a go at buttering it. The intake port was on the passengers side of the megane's front grill.

Just read the feature in last months FastCar, testing the 172 with different induction kits on dyno.

Car produced most bhp with std airbox + panel filter, even over a sealed induction kit fed from front of grill.

Guessing the 197 wouldnt be far off that.

Anybody considered to make the stock intake hose from the grill to the airbox carbon? Just saw all possibilities to make the intake and the stock one seems to be one of the best solutions.

I wonder how much the temperature of the hose increases as you trash along.

I was going for this - carbon intake hose + ITG panel filter but only one person in SLO could do the hose for me. As he explained he had to make a negative from the hose in aluminium and then "bake" the made carbon hose. For 1 piece the price would be 500€ :confused::thumbdown: it would be cheaper if there wasn't just one piece.....but here in SLO there are just few Clios and there is no real interest....

Anybody knows if someone could do this cheaper in the UK?

Eee I'm gonna stick with the stock intake :biggrin: maybe just a ITG panel filter :thumbup1:

Go for the K&N panel filter, a colleagues of mine have both changed to K&N because they didn't like the ITG panel filter - don't ask me why... :confused1:

dont wast your money.V6 air box/resite batterey to boot.

That's my next thing to do.

ok so K&N is a defo no go, is tghe ITG worth getting then? if so do i need to custom make the intake etc ? or just stick it in per the instructions..

not to bothered about actual bhp it's just i had a quality one on my lotus S2 and just loved the sound of it at 4k.