Anyone else had this issue?

Hi guys.

Noticed after a short run yesterday that the drivers rear brake disc on my F1 was surprisingly hot. Got the car jacked up and found the wheel wasn't spinning freely. Not being mechanically minded got it straight into the garage today to find both handbrake cables have seized slightly, one more than the other, meaning both my rear discs and pads need replacing along with the two hand brake cables. The quote including labour is £520.

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem and if this price seems a bit excessive??

Cheers.

Id be VERY surprised if you need hand brake cables mate. My pads were seized really badly on the back when I got the car, until I changed them. I didn't change the discs just the pads. Check your discs yourself mate, if they are warped or if they have a large lip running around the outside face then maybe they need changing....maybe ... Other then that try one of the guys mentioned above who are highly regarded and should give you sound advise :smile:

First thing I'd be checking is that the pads haven't seized into the calipers. Should be easy to check with basic mechanical knowledge, there's a guide in the how to section.