Anyone else done a "speedy driver" course?

I have mine on Weds pm...4.5 hours of it apparently...for doing 34 in a 30 (although on the road concerned you can barely get above 20 mph, so not quite sure how I got done)...

I have been told I must behave, and not be abusive... (?!)...can't wait...!

Is this instead of having the 3 points? I took a Driver Awareness thing cost £80, probably similar (doing 35 in a 30). Really easy, a lecture and then online assessment which is a doddle. It's just a pain that you can't do it all in one go, you can only do one section a day. Lame! All the best!

1 of the drivers from our place was kicked out of the 1 he went on for messing about he got £100 fine + 6 points and lost his job all for not taking it seriously.

I'd ask for some academically approved studies to back up their statements, everyone should reference their work to proper sources. But then I'm a bit of an arse :smile:

Just sit and pretend to care.

The silly muppets who run these course should be grateful - if it wan't for people speeding and using lots of fuel there wouldn't be any tax revenue to afford to pay their wages.

When they ask you what the stopping distance from 70mph you can tell them it is 70m not the 96m the Highway Code states, all thanks to the Brembos...

When they ask you what the stopping distance from 70mph you can tell them it is 70m not the 96m the Highway Code states, all thanks to the Brembos...

Have you tested this? :tongueout: I'm intrigued what it actually is as it feels like you've hit a brick wall if you really slam then on with sticky tyres.

No I haven't but I am quite tempted at some point. As you say when you stomp on the pedal it feels like it pulls up on no time at all!

Anyone got a really long tape measure!? :wink:

The silly muppets who run these course should be grateful - if it wan't for people speeding and using lots of fuel there wouldn't be any tax revenue to afford to pay their wages.

You Rebel

You Rebel

I would be kicked out quite quickly - had trouble with the neighbours last year and called the police who were clueless, I have studied law for a few years (before realising I have a heart and don't want to be a lawyer lmao) so I ended up telling them how to do their job - they didn't like it, but it was effective! :swear:

Unlucky! Let us all know how you get on!

The police just piss me off now a days! The other day i was coming home from Aberdeen (its a 30 mile road) and was behind a Police Ford Transit and i was comfortably sitting behind them doing 80 the whole way! I won't say the speed limit but i guess you guys can guess it :wink: Remembering its just an A road.

This is just one of the cases i have recently seen police speeding!

well, it was 4.5 hours I will never get back....rammed the message home...again, and again, and again..

Interestingly, I was one of the youngest there. Out of 20, I reckon I was 5th youngest and I am mid 40s...

Still the video of the 1991 M4 crash reconstruction was interesting, and I now know that if you have an accident, and you don't know where you are you should apparently dial 112 and not 999 as then a satellite signal will trace you...