Any 200 engines for sale?

I've had my 200 for 6 hours and it's just thrown a rod, to say in raging is an understatement!!!

Don't think my warranty will cover this so kinda gutted!!

Any engines for sale?? 4ejeba5y.jpg

6 hours...

Er, surely you can hand it back after 6 hours and be like, hell no this is faulty..

Car looks so nice though.

Well haven't spoke to the garage yet as it happened an hour ago but guy said something about the warranty only covering upto £1000. Gonna go see him imorn once I've calmed down a bit!! Do youse think this would class as a warranty repair!!

Last edited:
Yes it's on finance!! Can they do that?? Honestly going to go mad wi the dealer imorn!! What's the best way to go about this!! It's my first ever car on finance so nae to sure of the ins and outs!!!

Gah. :worried:

Either that car was very poorly or you've got the mechanical sympathy of Tim ''The Toolman'' Taylor. :worried:

Hopefully you've got finance on it as Paddy said, that way you can hand it back a lot easier if they won't honour the repair under warranty. It's fairly common to have the gearbox crunch but it's not really very common at all for these to throw rods out like that. What sort of service history does the car have? Not that that's always an indicator of mchanical condition, but it should give you an indication of how well it's been cared for. Did you purchase it from a Renault main dealer? Renault UK are quite decent to deal with over things like this. I hope the dealer sorts something out for you and don't take this as me being unsympathetic, but it sounds like you've given it a hard six hours of ownership...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it's on finance!! Can they do that?? Honestly going to go mad wi the dealer imorn!! What's the best way to go about this!! It's my first ever car on finance so nae to sure of the ins and outs!!!

Well it's the finance company who technically own the car so yes in theory you have a ''cooling off'' period in which you can return the car if you're not happy with it. They would probably try and get out of it to some extent but you could argue that it isn't ''fit for purpose''.

I'd speak to the dealers first, see what they want to do and if they can sort something out. If they can't or won't do anything then your next port of call should be Renault UK (if you want the car repairing that is) and if that fails then hand it back through the finance company.These cars and engines are pretty robust, the gearbox is a known weakness but in general the rest of the car is more than capable of being driven hard, it was designed for it anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
The first 5 hours it was givin it easy!! I'm nae hard on cars!! It wasn't a Renault dealer, more of a one man show!!! From what I've heard in the last hour the guy that had the car before the garage abused it 24/7!! It's got good service history and was apparently serviced on Monday!!!

Yes the finance company should help as technically it's their car and they'll want it to work.

What's the reg.? Might be somebody on here who owned it before you.

Renault UK are generally pretty helpful. They probably wouldn't fix it for free but they may offer you a deal of some sort.

Step 1. Ring your finance company, explain the issue and that its basically f*cked within hours of purchasing it. Get the facts, find out what they suggest you do next and what (if anything) they would plan on doing next. Don't proceed with anything just yet.
Step 2. Ring the dealership you bought it from, explain to them you either A. Want your money back or B. The car to be completely fixed 100%.

Whichever decision you go with, I'd suggest you get EVERYTHING in writing, confirm EVERY step with the finance company. That way if sh*t hits the fan you have some come back and an agreement from all parties. Your number 1 priority needs to be keeping the finance people on your side, since if it all goes belly up, it'll likely be them that saves your arse.

Last edited:
i wouldnt be put of as long as you had the work carried out at renault. not back at that private dealership