Any 200 engines for sale?

but, on the other hand, whats the chance of an engine AND gearbox going within a few hours of ownership? and he's already said he wasnt driving like Miss Daisy lol. these problems would have been picked up during the test drive, especially the gearbox crunch, engine can go at any time. im putting my money on someone got a little too excited upon taking ownership of it and maybe trying a little too hard to have fun.i think its seen plenty of TCS off and a few wheel spin limiter hits on exit of a roundabout and sticking it into 3rd

I'd be interested to know what oil the garage put in, I'm sure they will say the proper one but hey... Also what colour is the oil? (ie black?)

I'd also ring Citizens Advice and then your finance company.

Get your facts 100% on the law side of things, then ring the dealer/one man band.

To say how much these cars are thrashed round tracks your the only the second person i've heard of being able to get get a leg out of bed as well as killing the box all within 6hrs. Impressive stuff.

Well the tcs hasn't been switched off since I've owned the car!!! Yes I admit I was givin it beans at the time it happened but the whole reason I bought this car and not a fordy or a Beemer as I would usually do is because everyone I know that's got one and everywhere you read about says that these cars can take the punishment!!! Hence why there's soo many of them tracked!!! I like to get use to handle etc before I properly go for it!!!

Spoke to the dealership today and car is going away on Monday for a new engine and gearbox and anything else it may need at there expense!! The guy was great about it !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Make sure that he does actually show receipt of a new engine/Reconditioned one from Renault. Just so your 100% safe, you don't want him bunging an old 197 lump in it, for example.

same for the gearbox too

Well the tcs hasn't been switched off since I've owned the car!!! Yes I admit I was givin it beans at the time it happened but the whole reason I bought this car and not a fordy or a Beemer as I would usually do is because everyone I know that's got one and everywhere you read about says that these cars can take the punishment!!! Hence why there's soo many of them tracked!!! Apart from the wee race with the type are i never punished it at all!! I like to get use to handle etc before I properly go for it!!!

Spoke to the dealership today and car is going away on Monday for a new engine and gearbox and anything else it may need at there expense!! The guy was great about it !!!

Great result!! :thumbsup:

And a new supersprint exhaust as the standard one is rotten and fallen off lol. Tell him your saving him money anyway, supersprint has 45% off at the moment lol

Gutted for you mate, can't believe it's thrown a rod.
I regularly rag mine at over 7000 and no problems

Maybe it's just a 1 in a 1000 thing, could've thrown it at any time :worried:

I had a VXR arctic for 2 weeks wen the head gasket went, it was on finance. Took it back to the dealer and explained the situation, finance company were totally behind me and it was all pretty straightforward.