Another Gearbox bites the dust

For £220 I'd consider that a good outcome, to be honest it sounds to me RUK are really looking after you.

As for the premature failures in the gearboxes who here bought a renaultsport for its legendary reliability? Some things you must accept when buying a French performance motor. Having said that mines like new still so I could have a different opinion if it does go :wink:

AND you drag yours?!

Mine went at 13k and i sit at 50mph in 6th up and down the A10 every day!

Clutch is not included at £220 I'm currently discussing that with them. £220 is for the box which includes slave cylinder.

They will not extend warranty on the car either but the box will come with 12 months warranty.

Small update, I'm being asked to pay 10% due to it giving the warranty so they don't want to budge.

Clutch obviously is fine so they aren't wanting to pay for that.

Negotiations on-going.

So just had a resolution from RUK, I'm paying £220 all in and getting a new gearbox/clutch cylinder and a new clutch.

Not happy it failed but its how its dealt with that counts. In affect they are giving me the box for free and i'm paying for the clutch which i would have done for good practice reasons.

Goes in to my highly trusted dealers on thursday :thumbup1:

So just had a resolution from RUK, I'm paying £220 all in and getting a new gearbox/clutch cylinder and a new clutch.

Not happy it failed but its how its dealt with that counts. In affect they are giving me the box for free and i'm paying for the clutch which i would have done for good practice reasons.

i think thats a very good deal/result indeed :thumbup:

^^^^^^^
depends on how many dates she took!

Yeah £220 isn't the end of the world and i didn't have to argue or anything. Initial call, follow up and a second ask, resolution.

very good tbf

I would push for MORE iam if you spend the cash make sure they look after you I've had 6 cars in 7 years with Renault ?????

It's actually 9 in 10 years.

4 RS clios, RS meg, Clio, 2 megs and a scenic

But you have to pay something to get a warranty and a clutch retail is more then £220 on its own. Don't forget at the end of the day the car is out of warranty and they are paying £2200+ retail.

I think that is actually quite good overall and its not the only thing Renault have been kind enough to do. I had free black centre caps and a large amount of body work all free plus some other stuff.

Glad to hear you got sorted out, I'll have a coffee ready for when you drop the car off :smile:

....for the first time this year.

I need to move you're way...need me a dealer that bends over backwards for you

Balls! Gearbox has started crunching this week... I am just out of warranty and going to renault on tuesday... It was only replaced last june!