Annoying Rattle

Had the car for over 6 months now,

about 1 month in i noticed a rattle noise that sounds like its coming for the left rear when im in the drivers seat.

Took it back to Renault and they said that they couldn't find what it was via their preliminary checks then said that if they were to take the car apart then they would have to charge because the warranty for rattles is only 3 months blah blah blah. At the time i couldn't be bothered to argue because it wasn't that bad.

they said its quite common for these cars especially the cups like mine to develop rattles because of the stiff suspension.

Took it to my own mechanic who got it up on the ramp, we both looked underneath and he couldn't see anything wrong/lose either.

The rattle only happens when going over bumpy roads that jolt you left and right a bit. going over normal speed bumps etc and you dont hear it. Cobbled rounds are when its at its worst because of the up and down, side to side.

Anyone have any ideas what it might be?

Your helps appreciated

RV

Is the sound internal or external? I had a couple of rattles on mine - one was the left portion of the rear seat. The catch was rattling so just stuck some tape round it to stop that one.

The 2nd was a rattle on bumpy roads when turning right - this turned out to be my boot catch - just adjust it and grease. This one sounded like it was coming from outside of the car.

Might not be either of these things but worth having a look as these are easy jobs.

Mines started doing a simular sort of thing and i've just had a damper changed so got me wondering.

I'll have to get on ramp at weekend but seeing the above post i might try the boot lock first as it seem a coomon thing and could be easy to sort with tape.

In the meantime i'll turn up the stereo :blush:hmy:

Mine had similar, was the boot.

It had the remains of some tape wrapped around the latch so it's obviously been a problem previously.

I ended up taking the plastic out around it to gain access to the Torx's and adjusted it. Perfect now.