Very annoying rattle/buzzing

Good morning All,

As the title suggests, my driver side door (197) has developed a very annoying rattle/buzzing noise at certain speeds, it sounds like its coming from the back of the door (towards the b pillar). Could anybody identify the likely culprits? I've tried moving the seat belt height adjuster, but this hasn't cured it. Thanks.

Probably best getting someone to sit behind you when you're driving and have them poke about and press their ear up against the noise.
Could be a cable rattling behind the plastics or something.

I have this as well. Try moving the height adjuster and sometimes it can go away for a bit. You can also solve it by pulling on the seatbelt quickly so that it locks and keeping pressure on it. Whilst I'm not saying that that is a long term solution, it does give you an idea of where the noise is coming from!

sometimes the plastic blanking grommets in the door/door frame come loose and vibrate

Mine rattles on the seat belt adjuster....as dangerous as it is, hold it while you are driving and you'll see if its that

It's the seat belt adjuster, I had the same issue in mine, just move it and it should go away.

Don't you love these cars. :smile:
I have the exact same rattling. Mine is caused by the same as everyones elses.

This is definitely the plastic panel which is behind the seat belt slider. It interacts with the interior B post panel. I stripped mine down and put some electrical tape down the sides of the slider panel where it runs in the grooves of the B post panel, sorted. You could try packing it out from the front if you do not want to remove the seat belt bolt and strip down the panel.

Gotta love rattles and squeaks, mines not too bad, but whenever I do get a rattle I try to pack loads of those sticky foam pads which usually cures it.

Similar Thread Suggestions