Amd dyno

c197mark

Renault Parts Advisor
Platinum Member
Just had my car dyno'd at AMD i usually get my car done at TDF but my mate from work was getting his car dyno'd and weve been wanting to see what our cars compare back to back, hes got an ST170 and spent **** loads on it hes got an endless list of mods, bigger throttle body full milltek with decat, dream science, vernier pulley and some other bits and pieces. i was actually thinking his Focus was going to embarress mine on the rollers if it did i wouldnt of heard the end of it lol heres the results

Mine=189.0bhp
151.6 lbt

My mates focus=168bhp
156 lbt

He was gutted lol not only was mine quicker but he has spent £3000 on his car :worried: so hes now looking to get his car set up properly lol,
The last dyno i had was at TDF and my car run 186.5bhp and run 161lbt, since that dyno ive fitted the decat and fitted the modified throttle body, the bhp is up from the TDF dyno but the tourque is quite a bit down from last time, so the 2 rolling roads are quite different, i would now be iterested to see what mine runs on TDFs rollers now to see the difference between AMD and TDF:thumbsup:

Bugger the decat for 2 bhp and 10lbt down! Bet your mate was miffed lol! Be interesting on tdfs rollers for sure mate!

just to update, my mate with ST170 was sooo disappointed hes gone out and brought his self this
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1761954.htm
its had about 15K plus spent on it and goes like stink, its running roughly around 350ish but is capable of running 400bhp with a new ecu, see what my little 197 has made him do lol

Accurate results there mate, my bird got her 182 dyno'd there last weekend too and it made 170.1bhp.

And for all those that said my 215bhp on them rollers was bull****, clearly not.

do they ? f1 engines have no restrictions !

They don't need the torque though because they are so light and rev to ridiculous RPMs. They need the BHP. Like motorbikes, got loads of power and rev high, but don't need torque becuase they weigh nothing. My work van has got no power but loads of torque. Would just about out drag a push bike, but pulled my 406 up a hill without any problem. Couldn't even tell it was hooked up!

I would like to have mine on a rolling road because I have only put a filter on mine.