Alex's Albi F1 #444

Been looking at some new headlights as I was gutted when I realised my 197 didn't come xenons. Bit of a daft question but will these work on mine?
5f22af96936423c09a6bd8d45c5484d0.jpg

I don't see why not, you just have to purchase extra H1 bulbs as they are different for the dipped beam. The DEPO ones also come with the cornering lights which are not standard on the 197. You just remove the original dipped beam bulbs and fit them into the cornering lights to essentially blank them off.

Everything is a straight swap including the leveling motors which work fine. You will have to remove the lower plastic mounting section from your original headlamps, as mine were riveted I simply drilled out the rivets and replaced them with 4 small nuts / bolts / washers. Reinstalled, job done.

Last edited:
I take these would provide a greater beam of light then upgraded bulbs I've got in. Compared to my old TT with xenons it's like driving with candles.

The light dispersal is clean cut and very bright, I'm using Phillips 110% bulbs. It's a massive step up on the original headlamps.

Well a little more progress, after reading about the issues with the sticking front caliper pins and my rear brakes sticking a bit I thought it would be a good idea for a full brake service.

I started with the fronts and although quite crusted the pins came out with minimal persuasion. Then it was a case of removing the retaining plate / pads followed by a good dose of brake cleaner and nylon brush. Once everything was cleaned I took some plastic mech scouring pad and removed all the surface corrosion, relubed all necessary areas and installed.

1CD9599B-F902-4975-B96B-F9DFF115358B_zps8baoywzx.jpg

E55BED96-1E8B-498D-B43A-D67DC674FFF9_zps93qberpf.jpg

The rears are just a standard floating caliper design so no reason for detail on those lol.

Whilst in the shop I noticed that the upper engine torque mount had actually split as well! I've ordered the Powerflex replacement so will let you guys know how I get on with it and take a few images during install.

Also purchased a set of badge overlays for the diamonds. I quite like the blacked out look on the front and feel it ties in nicely with the headlights....

4CA14A84-1674-4126-AB15-28F274874B0D_zpstktfjiws.jpg

1712E2A5-221F-4EC1-B72B-BE34D1495A41_zpsytahslbh.jpg

Was doing a little reading on the forum last night and discovered the thread regarding the loose MAP sensor issue. As my car suffers from the kangarooing quite badly I rushed outside to find the sensor looser than I could believe! Couple of cable ties later and kangarooing is gone!! Also feels as if the car picks up a touch better now but in all honesty that could be the placebo effect but still well pleased!

The sensor trick seems to make a big difference doesn't it! I noticed it ironed out the flat spot quite well - it's still there, but not as bad as before.

I like the black diamonds, they really finish off the front of the car :smile:

I think I stumbled across your Instagram the other day, I recognise those most recent photos :wink:

I honestly couldn't believe the difference it made in 5 minutes. Truly awesome, il be adding a little sealant too at some point I'm sure. Yeah most of the pics go up on Instagram, I used to frequent it lots with pics of the Subarus, hopefully my faithful will stay for pics of the F1 too!

As for the diamonds they were £19 off ebay and seem like good quality plus totally removable, would suit your already black car!

Aero kit looks smart, shame there so expensive to buy, wouldn't mind it on mine!

You won't regret the brake service!

Fortunately I was working for a Renault dealership at the time so that helped keep the cost of the aero down. The brake service is a must! I feel like the rear brakes were barely working before as could be seen by a good bit of surface rust, that's all disappeared now as well as no more sticking!