Alarm

bm147

Paid Member
Hello folks,

I was putting the OEM stereo back in the car today when I came across the alarm manual for the 197... I was reading that when the alarm goes off and you open the door it will beep 4 times to let you know the alarm has been activated.
This is all good, on further reading it also states that an LED will flash between 1-6 times depending on what has triggered the alarm... Now for the life of me I cannot see this LED, does anyone know where this is?

It's not the LED that flashes on the speedo, I believe that LED is for the immobiliser...

On my 200 with an OEM alarm there is a red LED behind the back seats, on the left side. It flashes periodically when the car has been locked.

This has happened on mine several times. I Have never heard the alarm go off unles I have done it purposely. The alarm is very quiet though. The only other LED I can think of is the one on the dash board where the door lock button is.

I was also a bit disappointed when I found out the alarm/locking system doesn't put the windows up! :worried:

the 197 never had the led "installed" - it is still in the alarm main unit wiring harness - you can fit it like i did to the n/s/r inner trim panel so it is visiable from the outside

the 197 never had the led "installed" - it is still in the alarm main unit wiring harness - you can fit it like i did to the n/s/r inner trim panel so it is visiable from the outside

Where is the harness? Could you install a window close part to the system do you think?

Where is the harness? Could you install a window close part to the system do you think?

the alarm is linked and matched to the cars can-network system - so not so sure on that.

the harness - pm me and i will tell you dont want to put it on full show on a forum...just in case

the alarm is linked and matched to the cars can-network system - so not so sure on that.

the harness - pm me and i will tell you dont want to put it on full show on a forum...just in case

Oh ok, don't worry! I'm too much of a pussy to do anything to it! Lol!

Hey guys, I need a little help...

I'm with my car on a ferry boat, the journey is almost ten hours and i need to disable the OEM alarm's sensors or else its going to be blaring for the entire trip!

The manual is rubbish - can anyone explain the process of disabling the volumetric sensors on a key equipped (not card) 200?

Or simply locking the car manually without the alarm engaging?

The alarm is a series 78XX model.

Hey guys, I need a little help...

I'm with my car on a ferry boat, the journey is almost ten hours and i need to disable the OEM alarm's sensors or else its going to be blaring for the entire trip!

The manual is rubbish - can anyone explain the process of disabling the volumetric sensors on a key equipped (not card) 200?

Or simply locking the car manually without the alarm engaging?

The alarm is a series 78XX model.

on the key card 197 you have to press the stop/start button 5 times (not starting the car just ignition on and off) - so you could try doing 5 times with ignition on/off - then when you leave the car and lock it the alarm beeps to tell you the ultra sonics are off !

I'm off to the greek island of Crete for vacation.. A good ten hour trip from Athens!

I think I figured out the alarm thing... On key equipped Clios you insert the key and then turn it to position 1 then 0 twice and then lock the car.. cant tell if it works, the beeps are inaudible in the ship's garage!