Akrapovic at K-Tec !

£860 quid on an exhaust!?

Jesus wept, that's a lot for an aftermarket exhaust. Especially if it doesn't include a manifold.

ordered mine today from the UK importer.

full evolution system :smile:

will be the first in the UK to have one, shame my 200 doesnt arrive until March!! haha

Whats so special about this exhaust? for that sort of money you could get the cup racer setup, if you can put up with the noise.

Gains may be impressive but yozzasport say their system offers +5bhp, so your paying and extra £1000 for 3bhp.

Whats so special about this exhaust? for that sort of money you could get the cup racer setup, if you can put up with the noise.

Gains may be impressive but yozzasport say their system offers +5bhp, so your paying and extra £1000 for 3bhp.

There well though of amongst bike tuners. Mostly Ti systems though.

I was thinking of the cup racer system from the cat back instead of going the whole way and getting the sports cat too. The fact I don't know if it'd be to loud fitted like that has put me off.

Akra are all I would use on my bikes. Had one on every bike I've owned. Had an evolution race system on my R6 race bike. £1200 and worth every penny. Not the best peak power because of the short can but best for mid range. Don't know what their car stuff is like but the bike systems are top drawer

Last edited:
That torque curve on the evo system so much flatter than standard,

I cant beleive theres no ecu tweakage involved there.

Someone needs to compare the 'before' map with a board members RR result. I don't remember seeing a big dip in torque around 4k rpm their graph shows - exagerating the improvement.

Remember, RR results are iffy at best, let alone when I company is trying to sell stuff on the back of it.

renault_clio_iii_rs200_complete_evolution_.jpg

I'll go and fine a RR graph to compare with..

Ok.. TDF remap grabbed from another thread..

beforeafter.jpg

Looks like the exhaust guys have their graph labels the wrong way aorund too..

Rich

Last edited:
stupid amount of money for an exhaust that !

as for the graph - it looks like a massive drop off in torque in the mid-range which is strange as i have seen plenty of 197 graphs and not seen any drop like that - perhaps the donor car had a restrictive exhaust fitted and once the new one was fitted showed up those results....

ill buy two second hand ktec exhausts i think havo one as a spare and still save money thats a silly amount for an exhaust for a car like the clio

like mentioned on the last page, i have ordered one.

yes, its alot of money for an exhaust, but over the last 10 years of tuning cars, i have learnt if you want quality, and the best, it costs.

the whole Akrapovic ethos sold it to me, all the fine detail, the carbon tail pipe ends, the world reknowned quality of thier systems etc.

like most things, its not for everyone, but for me its the only choice (plus coming from a love of all things JDM, 1k for an exhaust aint too bad!).

Plus i love the complaints about the power graphs. People moan when they are not supplied, then they moan when they are. Like ALL rolling road readouts, taken with a pinch of salt, as there are so many variable;s etc etc.

At least they have gone to the trouble of recording the before and after, whereas many 'performance' exhaust manufacturers dont bother!

Another thing i like about the full system is its only 1-2 dB louder than the stock system, so for me it wont be OTT noisey. A refinement of the car, rather than an in your face boy racer doom cannon! :smile:

so like most things, you pays your money, you takes your choice!

It is very expensive but only because its been shipped half way accross europe and then had a profit margin added for K-tec.

Thats not the same as a company trying to make £300 more profit because it makes 3 more bhp.

fmp have you ordered the evolution system?

Last edited:
i agree with the buy cheap buy twice ethos. quality does cost, and i think, finally, most people are willing to spend on quality parts, rather than a 5+ years ago when essex racing were at the front of uk tuning....
also, as a jdm geek, you are right, you can spend some right wongo on an exhaust.
only thing you can do, is get yours on, and let the forum know on your findings :smile:

stu.