Akra' Evolution fitted courtesy of Fred @ BTM

Just been for a morning out to see Fred at BTM, Brum, to get my Akra' Evolution fitted.

Considering he'd had a nightmare night with car theives (not at his workshop) he still managed to make it in this morning to sort me out with getting this fitted. Even though he was the only one in the workshop he still got it finished in no time at all.

I can't recommend anyone else more highly, great value and really good service, a top guy. If you need anything doing in the Midlands he's definitely worth a visit.

Here she is just before the rear diffuser was put back on, sorry for the poor shot, I had to use my phone to take it.

picture.php

Well I couldn't wait to hear and feel how she drove with it on and all can I say is it was IMMENSE!!!! Strangely there doesn't seem to be any flatspot and she definitely responds better but best of all she sounds like an absolute beast!!! :biggrin:

Its a good job I can turn the laptop on its side Rach, save me putting my neck out

I live my povic. Barks like a devil when warm and the shotgun bangs at 7600rpm on upshift is soo addictive

Love the decal. Just a tad bigger than mine. Gotta
Love the scorpion. Welcome to the club
:smile:

Oops sorry guys, cheers deadmau for putting me straight! :smile: Did any of you guys ever get a flat spot with yours? - I haven't done enough to the car yet to warrant tuning but if there's a chance of flat spotting with it I might start saving now.

I had no flat spot at all mate! The car was standard as well bar the akra! Amazing zaust!

How do you plan on getting around the MOT mate as I'm thinking of getting one but when I spoke to K Tec they said it deff doesn't pass so it put me off.

How do you plan on getting around the MOT mate as I'm thinking of getting one but when I spoke to K Tec they said it deff doesn't pass so it put me off.

sports cat or good mate i would imagine...

here's one for you lads,how can one exhaust cause a flat spot and another not? most after market exhausts are similar in design so whats the difference,surely its just down to the car its being fitted on?

sports cat or good mate i would imagine...

here's one for you lads,how can one exhaust cause a flat spot and another not? most after market exhausts are similar in design so whats the difference,surely its just down to the car its being fitted on?

The Akra didn't feel like it produced a flat spot when I had it installed initially. However after having it dyno'd you could actually see that it did produce a flatspot.

You just couldn't feel it.

Mine went through fine, was only just in on lambda but everything else was well under. Remember that even with the decat you still have the small pre-cat

^^^mines passed twice as well lol!? I felt no flat spot, felt better everywhere over standard. Maybe just certain cars not running the best?

Thanks guys for the info, I was just worried maybe I was imagining it had no flatspot as I honestly couldn't find one driving it but as everyone else is kind of saying the same then it must be down to the quality of the zaust itself. I'm guessing that the other brands will struggle to come anywhere near to the build quality of the Akra' - I've never seen welding that sweet and uniform before! I will get round to.a remap at some point because like Noddie said it might be that it's just not pronoumced enough to be noticable by the driver and hopefully it'll get the best out of the little beast.

As for the emissions well I'm still not very knowledgable about cars yet but I did ask Fred at the time what he thought and he thinks it'll breeze it, I did go for the Evolution setup not just the slip on which on their site claims to be totally road legal (if that makes any difference?).