Akrapovic evolution + toyosport manifold

As per the title really. Anyone out there running this combination? I'm going to assume that there were some warning lights on as there are no cats in the system with this setup.

I've got the Akra Evo with an R3 manifold (also de-cat so in principle should be similar sound levels), sounds properly good but it failed the drive-by at Bedford. Drone isn't too bad and general levels I don't think are too bad at all so was surprised to trip them, there's a remote chance it was induction I guess, but all the chaps on the day said my exhaust was the louder of the 2.

I've got the Akra Evo with an R3 manifold (also de-cat so in principle should be similar sound levels), sounds properly good but it failed the drive-by at Bedford. Drone isn't too bad and general levels I don't think are too bad at all so was surprised to trip them, there's a remote chance it was induction I guess, but all the chaps on the day said my exhaust was the louder of the 2.
Did you have that setup with the original ecu on as well mate? If so, any warning lights?

Mine is fine; a very good balance between a bit more noise, but not being too loud and annoying. As Rich has mentioned running a full decat system will be louder so not much point comparing it to mine.

Yeah standalone now, but originally I had an oem ecu with the r3 and a supersprint along with a sports cat. I seem to recall it gave an eml once, so no cats at all will of course give an eml, but you can map it out no probs.

Actually I did later after mapping change the sports cat to a decat (still on oem ecu) so effecivley the Akra Evo, and it didn't eml.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Rich were you black flagged in Bedford then mate? I also have the same exhaust (Akra Evo) and I was planning to fit the K-tec manifold I bought from Luke which is also decatted. Not so sure now.. @TB Rich

Oh poo, that's not good then. R3 manifold is massively different to Ktec but principle is the same, not cats etc. Have you measured your noise levels Rich?

Sorry for hijacking..

Oh poo, that's not good then. R3 manifold is massively different to Ktec but principle is the same, not cats etc. Have you measured your noise levels Rich?

Sorry for hijacking..

Yeah exactly both being pre-cat deletes is likely to make them similar enough for noise I'd have thought. I'm pretty sure it was 93dB static there, and of course tripped the meters on drive-by. There is a chance it was induction, but the guys on the day reckoned it was exhaust noise doing it.

I'm nervous about doing another day in the car presently, which is f'ing stupid given what it's designed for! But other than putting a sports cat in (which I do have one modded to fit the R3), there isn't much else I can do.
The issue with the sports cat however is of course then more than likely the Akra centre silencer will need moving further up the system......and then I'm basically exactly where I was with the Supersprint based setup I had. - I.e something I'd chopped about to make everything fit (and no science behind the box placement) and therefore didn't have faith in. As it transpired there was nothing wrong with that system as it didn't make any more bhp on the Akra....but it sounds much better at least now :smile:

Anyway I am not prepared to chop up the Akra to space a sports cat in there, therefore it'll probably just mean I need to do louder tracks only. Which is fine as Silverstone, Donny, Snett & Cadwell I've never been to and they all seem to have much better limits than Bedford which I'm not fussed about as a track anyway (way too flat, only fun bit is the twisty part on the SEN imo).

Thanks for the info mate. When you said black flagged i thought you were way over the limits, didn't realise Bedford was so strict!
I'm on the same boat as you re induction, Ktec is not a quiet kit either. I'd have to have a look on noise restrictions and then take it from there, bloody frustrating..

Thanks for the info mate. When you said black flagged i thought you were way over the limits, didn't realise Bedford was so strict!
I'm on the same boat as you re induction, Ktec is not a quiet kit either. I'd have to have a look on noise restrictions and then take it from there, bloody frustrating..

Yeah the Akra is a good system in that it's fairly quiet and unobtrusive just pottering but it's still pretty fruity giving it some, hence the low static but drive-by issue perhaps. So I feel with the pre-cat delete manifold (which is a normally resonater style cat too iirc) then it's just a bit too much for Bedford. However you can just lift off near the 3 dB meters around the track :wink:

Reactions: Yiannis197
Sorry to bump an old thread but was there any definitive answer to this?

My car is currently running a Toyosport manifold and i want to run the Akra Evo system.

With this effectively being decatted will i need to have the car mapped to sort out EML or will it be alright?

Already have a friendly MOT tester :smile:

Cheers

I haven’t read the thread fully, but it doesn’t matter what system you have fitted…. If there’s no cats it will illuminate the EML

If you have a Toyo manifold it will not have the pre-cat that is present in standard Renault manifold. The Akra does not have a cat in it at all. The pre-cat is enough to pass an emissions test for an MOT.