Air Con Not Working

Mines booked in at Autokool in chesterfield this Saturday. Same prob as the OP. £49 to empty, leak test and regas. If its a leak or compressor problem then it's just £25 for diagnosis.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Had mine re-gased today, was 2/3 full and wasn't kicking in at all when turned on. Now it works fine, can't say whether anything had to be reset though.

Yep I have the same issue with my air con aswell, just blows out warmish air which isn't good in this heat. Especially as my passenger window doesn't work!! Got my car booked in at my local Renault this saturday to fix my window so will ask them to re-charge my air con while its in there.

I've noticed reading through this thread there are quite a few F1's with this issue lol

Ok so thought I'd have a look and see if I can see what the problem may be before the re-gas man comes tomorrow. Looked at the fuses and there seems to be one missing for the manual air conditioning? There are 2 icons for the fan, but only one has a fuse in, what does everyone think, not sure if it's just mine?
Fuse icons, top right 5A fuse is missing
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337881964.041106.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337882017.595530.jpg

Just had another flick through the manual and now realise there's no fuse as mine has climate control and not manual aircon! :oops:

Just had my system checked, got really low pressure due to a stone causing a hole in the a/c condenser. Rang renault and they quoted a minima of £400 for parts and labour, could botch the hole i guess but kind of want it fixed properly. Might ring around and see who can do it cheaper, hope everyone else who's having the same trouble with the a/c is not as unlucky

Just had my system checked, got really low pressure due to a stone causing a hole in the a/c condenser. Rang renault and they quoted a minima of £400 for parts and labour, could botch the hole i guess but kind of want it fixed properly. Might ring around and see who can do it cheaper, hope everyone else who's having the same trouble with the a/c is not as unlucky

I'd be keeping an eye out for a used one on eBay. They'll be a pain in the arse to fit though, bumper off probably and removing the aux belt.

I'd be keeping an eye out for a used one on eBay. They'll be a pain in the arse to fit though, bumper off probably and removing the aux belt.

Yeah thats what I'm thinking, ive dropped karl a note to see what he can do on a new one though. Id rather spend some time doing it myself than getting stung £££ by the dealers though, just another learning experience i guess :smile: Might put some fine mesh behind the grill too so it doesn't happen again as its quite open.

its the condenser thats holed not the compressor - the condensor is in front of the engine radiator :wiz:

its the condenser thats holed not the compressor - the condensor is in front of the engine radiator :wiz:

Just had a look at a few videos on youtube as to how to replace condensers in general and it looks pretty straightforward to me. Just a couple of questions i was wondering if anyone knew, does the 200 a/c have refrigerant in it or is it a 'dry' system? and also is there anywhere i can get a workshop manual from?

Eh up mate. Who do you use locally to gas your aircon?

Mines pretty good but I reckon it could be better!

have a word with adam on the service desk at harrats wakefield - mention me - should get a good deal :wiz:

Have you a proper name I can drop? I'd feel a but daft saying your username!

How much will I be looking at paying? ...and do they just top up or drain/refill?

Have you a proper name I can drop? I'd feel a but daft saying your username!

How much will I be looking at paying? ...and do they just top up or drain/refill?

tell him si from the yorkshire monthly meet recommended you use them

they will do a full vacuum test refill and dye if you want

should be around the £30-40

Mines all sorted now. It was completely empty, so we were worried it was going to have a hole or something. But he pressure tested it and it held the pressure without any issues.

So a quick regass later and all is well!

Chris

I had my air con checked while it was in at Renault today. Had no leaks and just requied a re-charge, working fine now so happy days :smile:

My 197 had shockingly bad A/C, re gassed every summer, and it was still warm.

Wifes 1.4 Clio 2 has never had a re-gas in 9 years and it is still like a freezer in the car lol, same as 182!