Air Con Not Working

So with yesterdays heat I thought I would pop the air con on for the drive home. First of all I thought it wasnt getting cold because it hadnt been running for long enough but after 20 minutes it was still blowing out warm air :worried:

When you press the button there is no change in engine sound (what I mean is you dont hear it fire up, in my Fiesta it felt like it was going to stall once you pressed the AC button lol)

Does this mean the pump has gone or it simply needs recharging?

cheers mate, maybe its the compressor then. What would be your first point of call? I dont want to pay out to have it re-gased if it wont fix it due to the compressor being the problem. Too skint at the mo lol

cheers mate, maybe its the compressor then. What would be your first point of call? I dont want to pay out to have it re-gased if it wont fix it due to the compressor being the problem. Too skint at the mo lol

they wont know until they gas it.

re-gas and system check is the cheapest option and the first option really as until the system gas is checked you cannot go any further...

if the pressure drops the system "assumes a gas leak" and wont work and as the gas carries the lubricating oil for the compressor its a safety item to stop it running dry and seizing...

you can if you ring round get it for about £30 i would say

Think i might be in the same position, could barely feel the a/c in the car today and it said it was putting out 15 degrees! Was a bit surprised as the cars pretty new, think I'm just going to get it re-gassed first as recommended, does anyone know any reputable places in sheffield to get the system re-gassed?

Hmm is everybody having this issue?! My car was supposedly 15 degrees but only warmish air was pumping out! Windows are my friend!

Think i might be in the same position, could barely feel the a/c in the car today and it said it was putting out 15 degrees! Was a bit surprised as the cars pretty new, think I'm just going to get it re-gassed first as recommended, does anyone know any reputable places in sheffield to get the system re-gassed?

should be covered by warrenty

Mine is coldish, but nowhere near as cold as I expect it to be. Hopefully going to get it regassed this week. I can hear the compressor working because it's quite noisy. Does anyone's make a noise?

Hmm is everybody having this issue?! My car was supposedly 15 degrees but only warmish air was pumping out! Windows are my friend!

mines exactly the same, windows were straight down when i came off the motorway but the hour drive in the sun with warm air blowing on me was not the most enjoyable! starting to wonder if its the pump, but id be surprised as the cars quite new, might go and try it again to see if i can hear it working

If the ECU thinks the system is low on charge it will disconnect the compressor. A regas won't solve it, it needs a Renault Clip system to reset the ECU.

Best bet is phone around Renault dealers and see who charges the least to diagnose the issue.

had mine re-gassed a few times now - and always worked after the re-gas

you should hear a "click" and a slight change in the engine sound as the compressor clutch throws in and also hear the cooling fan run at slow speed to keep the condenser cool

the clio3 air-con system is known for not being that good!!!!

I had a problem with air con. didn't think it had really been that right from new but was never really that hot to warant a trip to the dealers. Anyhow my car was in for it's first service and for the gearbox to be replaced. I queried about my aircon not really being that cold and they recommended to re gas which would of been chargable. Luckily one of the tech's was at the service desk at the time and said it would need to be re charged after the gearbox was replaced. So it would of been done as a matter of course and i wouldn't be charged. They tested it with it half charged and dye in the system and found a hole in the ventilator (i'm sure that was the part) and replaced the part, re charged it and it has been fine for the past 2 weeks now. Turns out the tech was wrong and they didn't need to touch the Air con when changing the gearbox. Result for me not being charged, although I don't think i would of been charged once they found the offending part.

I had a problem with air con. didn't think it had really been that right from new but was never really that hot to warant a trip to the dealers. Anyhow my car was in for it's first service and for the gearbox to be replaced. I queried about my aircon not really being that cold and they recommended to re gas which would of been chargable. Luckily one of the tech's was at the service desk at the time and said it would need to be re charged after the gearbox was replaced. So it would of been done as a matter of course and i wouldn't be charged. They tested it with it half charged and dye in the system and found a hole in the ventilator (i'm sure that was the part) and replaced the part, re charged it and it has been fine for the past 2 weeks now. Turns out the tech was wrong and they didn't need to touch the Air con when changing the gearbox. Result for me not being charged, although I don't think i would of been charged once they found the offending part.

you mean evaporator?