After a quick 4 wheel drive motor..

So after a good think the clio will be going up for sale next year.

Im after something with slightly softer suspension, seats that still hold well more like the standard Renault one's (i have the Recaros) and most importantly 4 wheel drive.

I have been looking at the Audi S3 and Golf R32.. any of you people got any other suggestions?

Cheers folks!

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion, iv always been a Scooby fan but the doubts i have is the suspension, im sick of running around town etc and everytime i hit a bump get a spine breaking jerk lol.

Other than that a Subaru would be on the list.

Also as Mike knows i don't think ill ever leave this site.. i just don't post as much now :smile:

Golf R32 if you can afford it.....Mitsubushi do a Lancer Sport (or something like that) that is quick but not evo quick.....aimed more at the family sports saloon rather than balls out acceleration and hard suspension.....or there is always a Vauxhall Kalibra/Cavalier GSi 4x4!!?

Golf R32 if you can afford it.....Mitsubushi do a Lancer Sport (or something like that) that is quick but not evo quick.....aimed more at the family sports saloon rather than balls out acceleration and hard suspension.....or there is always a Vauxhall Kalibra/Cavalier GSi 4x4!!?

All actually good recommendations but i like a bit of warranty and if i was to go for a Lancer it would have to be the Evo! haha!

3.0tdi quattro a4 with upgrade seats

Drove a 3.0tdi quattro quite a lot for a few years (grandas old car) and loved it but just wasn't my cup of tea.

S3 8p with a remap all day long! but both r32 and s3 are boring compared to the clio,

Im aware almost all cars will be boring compared to the clio and thats the reason i don't want to part ways, but the only time a use the clio is on longer runs and sometimes nipping around town, so kinda want something fast but comfortable aswel.

Thanks for all input guys. Its much appreciated, think i will be heading to a Volkswagen or Audi dealer soon :smile:.

I'd get the s3 over The r32 all day long. You can get 360 bhp out of an s3 for about 2k.

You would cry going from a Clio to an r32. So much heavier and not much faster. They are slow as **** but sound good.

Liam....

:ban: :f1team07: :woody:

I'll miss you man :hug:

But i'll see you in July??

I'd like an A4 2.0 TFSi Quattro Avant when I get a bit older! Lol! Comfort and practicality in a good quality shell! Reasonably quick with 211bhp. You can have the S-Line trim which looks sporty or just have a more subtle version.

I've just gone from a 197 to an R32 and don't regret the move one bit. It might not be as involving as the Clio, but I like that after 2 years of ragging the tits off my car just to get a bit of go from it. Yeah, the 197 was brilliant fun, but it only does the fun bits, when you're doing the mundane stuff like driving along a motorway it just got annoying with the constant drone of 4000rpm drowning out everything.

The Golf isn't as much fun on a B-road, but it does everything else better and sounds a million dollars compared to the wasp in a tin you get with the Renault. I loved the 197 while I had it, but I don't miss it at all now it's gone. This does surprise me, but I guess I want something different from a car now?

Have a brother big into VWs and while his edition 30 doesn't do much for me the R32s are definitely nice and if you go crazy with mods can get silly quick!

I have always looked at the golf in R or GTI form as my next chariot. Just think they tick all the right boxes for practicality and performance in a reasonably priced bundle. A few years away for me yet though. Think the S3 is a bit pricey and maybe just a little too understated?

Lol I was going to suggest an RS6

Or go for something retro - Lancia Delta Integrale...

Wow, a lot of replies, first of all Woody, budget is up to about 20k.. So quite a few options are out there.. :smile:

Mike: Yeah you will be seeing me in July don't worry :wink:

Ben: Awesome car but just too old for me now :worried: would def have to have a P1 if i was going over 10 years old. Dream car basically.

Arran: I would have went for the S-Line A3 any day the 2.0 Turbo unit but damn there is FAR too much here in Peterhead (common as arses!) haha!

A2ON: Haha! Awesome fast cars but too pricey man. Great cars and can say iv had the pleasure of driving one and an RS6.

F1 Team: Lancia Delta Integrale... Totally gorgeous cars and great fun, but trying to source a great one is damn hard huh?

Simon: You have hit it right on the head! I needed an opinion about that about the R32, i just looked at a black one today and i love it. How's the paint work compared to the 197 for chipping etc?

Thanks for ALL input guys much appreciated!