200: A sad day...

daz

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
As some of you will probably know by now, on Thursday evening I waved goodbye to my pride and joy - the 200.

I had owned the car from brandnew and loved, absolutely loved every aspect of it. Things have changed at home somewhat recently and I could no longer justify having circa £13K tied up in a car sat outside my house.

Anyone thinking of owning a 200, really should. They're fantastic cars and leaps and bounds above the Mk2 predecessors. I owned my RB 182 for nearly 4 years and stepping into the 200 was like a different world.

So, after more than 10 years of Renault ownership and four Clio's, I am now officially car less... :bored:

What's next...who knows...? Nothing for the moment, I have suspended my insurance policy which has to be for a minimum of 1 month so there is nothing lined up in the immediate future.

I would quite like a Meggy R26 but the insurance is 3x what I paid on the 200, so I'm unsure whether that will ever be an option!

I'll be sticking around on here though, and you never know - I could end up back in a Clio one day! :wink:

Also, I resigned as Area Rep a couple of weeks ago, this was due to the impending sale of the 200 - but I kept it quiet until I knew the sale was 100% secure.

I hope the car stays on here, I really do, and I shall be keeping my eyes peeled for it :smiley:

Thanks for reading.

Gutted mate, but things change. Onwards and upwards and all that lol. I love the r26 megs but like you said running costs are a good bit higher.

Good luck with you motoring future.

Got to say I don't agree with your MK2 comment. When I'm on the right road/track the 200 is great but I know deep down I would have more fun and be quicker in my 182 Trophy.

The mk3's are miles ahead in some respects. But the single most important factor with these cars (for me) is how well they drive and how much fun they are. And the mk2's are miles ahead in that respect! Can't beat physics, weight kills performance.

BMW daz? Something german that's the next leap lol. Good luck in future mate

Thanks for the kind words everyone :smile:

Please don't turn this into a Mk2 Vs Mk3 thread...

Must be gutting for you dude, but in my eyes, everything happens for a reason, you never know whats just round the corner :wink:

Similar Thread Suggestions