5p of all shell's fuel tomorrow, inc V-Power

Tesco 99 came out best dyno proven.

Contrary to my earlier post, I'm half way tank my first tank of V Power (all other fills have been Tesco 99), and I've noticed two things.

1) V Power seems to be getting way more MPG. And I don't mean 1 or 2, I mean closer to 6 more. My driving hasn't changed, nor has my routes. Same traffic situations, same driver, same external temperature (Give or take 5 degrees C).

2) The car doesn't feel as quick on V Power than Tesco 99. On Tesco, the car felt super revvy, and really wanted to go. On VP, the final 1000revs seem a bit laboured imo, and just doesn't feel as 'alive.'

Any one agree / disagree?

As Gouldy has already said, unless the car is specifically mapped for the higher octane fuel, then the difference is marginal. Having said that mine isnt mapped and i run it on V-Power.

On a side note, was the test on the newer V-Power or the old Optimax? I know that Thorney Motorsport did a test and found Tesco to be the best. Shell fuels have better anti-knock properties than other fuels AFAIK , theres more to fuels than just their "ron" rating :smile:

Different cars respond differently to different types of fuel, look at the test Fifth gear did.

You will not notice the difference between different types of fuel unless you reset the ECU or run it over a period of a few weeks for the ECU to adjust.

I have never used anything else in my car other than V-Power in my car.

Jesus you have been busy, I aint even done 500 yet :smiley:

Just ticked over 1000 miles this weekend.

Very odd number spacing on the dash, it reads '1 050' miles, not '1050.'

Very French way of doing it...

Similar Thread Suggestions