400% Increase

Matt197

South West Rep
Stay clear of Endsleigh for your car insurance, I think the word incompetence was modelled around this company.

Got my renewal today and its addressed to my mum and they have got her down as the policy holder, this stems back to when I first went with them and they mixed all the details up putting me down as a Mrs and retired and my mum as an IT Technician lol

They are just so incompetent, plus they have put my insurance up by 400% from £380 to £1,900 :lol::lol:

More hassle than they are worth, just hope my proof of no claims is in my name :scared:

Sorry for the rant, but some companies take the biscuit.

Sounds like they're trying to get rid of all their customers with high power cars to me. They're probably expecting you to not pay it and go elsewhere.

They have seriously got to do something to stop this racket going on they are taking the pi$$ big style
No one is going to be insured at this rate:worried:

I'm not so annoyed with the increase, every year I get a silly renewal quotes and a quick shop around I almost always get it cheaper than the year before.

Just annoyed that they are unable to get my details correct and it does make me wonder if I was driving around on a potential invalid policy.

Last edited:
You know damn straight if you had to claim, they'd use every technical discrepancy they could find to wiggle out of it.

Exactly the same as me. Mines was 900 with endsleigh, renewal 2800. Few phone calls later Admiral was the cheapest coming in at 680.

The guy from endsleigh couldn't explain or seem like he wanted to tell me why the massive increase.

They do try it on, just done a quote on compare the market and the cheapest is £367.64 with Admiral. Yes it does come with a high excess but that does not bother me.

2cbb012f.gif

Why Endsleigh even bothered given me a quote I will never know, would have been better to just say they are unable to quote me.

Those top 4 companies in your quote are all owned by admiral, I always get cheapest quotes from them too. Not sure what happens if admiral choose to rip us off too!

QuoteMeHappy just beat Admiral by £100 tonight for the missus' 172, that was with only £50 excess too. Maybe they're 'buying' female customers??