Increase performance in a non-sport

Afternoon all!

I'm just wondering from yourselves, what is the best way to get power increases from a non-sport. I have a 1.4 16v. The car is nippy but would love a bit more power.

I'm keeping the car for another 2 years and then getting a company car so "selling it and buying a 200" isn't an option.

Thanks!

Lol I tried this myself when I was younger with a mk2 1.4. It had manifolds, decats, remaps, induction kits etc. but in the end we had to just rip it out and do a 2 litre conversion. Obviously something much easier with the mk2.

Nitrous gives real world performance gains but is expensive to install and will have limited results on a 1.4 (+25bhp). Other than that concentrate on carrying more speed into corners rather than pure straight line pace. Coilovers, brakes and sticky tyres plus some stripping out?

But if you ask me all of the above is a monumental waste of money on a 1.4. Why not invest those funds in a GT model instead?

I use the Clio as a daily. I'm not wanting to get rid of it and get something else because I'm getting a company car in another 18 months to 2 years.

The car is already lowered, I'm just after a bit more 'go' when on motorways and to come out of corners.

I think your best off accepting your working with a 1.4 and just put up with the lack of power. A decent set of tyres won't cost the earth and will make a big difference. Also look for a decent aftermarket exhaust? Although it won't do much for real power a loud exhaust note usually makes you feel faster :wink: