Manifold Noise Increase

matthewson

Paid Member
Hi Chaps,

I currently have a full standard system and have waiting to go on a Miltek Non Res Cat Back and Decat pipe.

I also have a Toyosports manifold, from what I understand these can be a pain to fit.

Is it worth changing the standard manifold if it is OK? Is there much of a noise increase when swapping for a Toyosports considering the rest of the system back will be decat - non res?

Thanks,
Matt

I can't comment on the noise the Toyosports make, however I would say that due to the labour involved in changing a manifold, it seems a lot of money to spend/a lot of work to do, if you don't actually need to change it.

You will get a nice noise from the exhaust and decat pipe anyway :smile:

Hi Matt

The manifolds are difficult to fit, they require dropping the subframe which takes time which results in high labour costs. Because your exhaust is non resonated you will see a pretty big increase in noise, but It won't be unbearable.

Keep in mind your car will defiantly need mapping after the manifold is fitted to sort the fuelling out. I imagine because your exhaust has a decat/ non resonated you already have a mild flat spot? Well fitting the manifold will make this flat spot noticeably worst. Mapping helps to iron it out but its unlikely it will completely eliminate it.

On the plus side after mapping you will see a slight power gain(if mapped well) and revs will feel like they flow more freely. My old 197 had a non res Miltek cat back+Decat+pre cat delete and I can confirm the car sounds awesome, with lots of loud pops bangs and even some flames to compliment. (If you like that kinda thing).

I can't say "do it or don't do it" as you have to take into consideration the above and decide what best for you.

Hope this helps.

Luke. [emoji106]

Thanks for the replies.

I haven't yet fitted the Miltek decat/non-res, it was all going to be fitted at the same time.

I assume just fitting the Miltek combo will make the car a lot more audible?

I'll see what he thinks about the condition of the current manifold and take it from there!

as above..if your standard manifold isnt blowing or damaged otherwise,i'd leave it be..will probably cost around £300-400 just for labour..
the cat back and decat will make your car sound awesome :evil: