3rd gear

Is it all the time? Or just every now & then?? Mines started doing it but VERY rarely into 3rd too. I changed the gear box oil and it seems to have eased it slightly. I've known someone with a 197 who has a nasty crunch and they've been driving with it for well over a year now. I wouldn't worry too much unless it gets REALLY bad. Just put a little money aside when you can for when you need a new gearbox (what I'm currently doing) mines also a 2010 but 47k miles.

I honestly wouldn't worry about it too much. I worried when mine started but kind of accepted it now and don't worry. They aren't the most reliable cars over all but when they are working they are truly great in my opinion so worth getting fixed when something goes wrong. Do what is best for you!

All French cars are buckets of sh**e mate, but these wee clios are fun at least. All cars have their faults but the French take the biscuit.

I do have a warranty but with rac (who will actually cover up to £2k for a claim) but it'll probably be over that so I'm trying to organise Renault to cover the remaining. They said they normally go 50/50 with costs.

That's taken nearly a month of going back and forth between Renault & the Rac warranty people. Spent a fortune in phone calls and I think I'm nearly there with organising getting it sorted. Renault offered me 50% of £2040. The woman is very nice who's helping me. It's just a pain having to go be the middle man in speaking to Renault and the rac.