3 points coming my way :(

Just committed the stupidest of motoring offences, ran a red light!

Went back to check and true to form, there was a bright yellow safety camera over the crossing. I didnt see it flashing but as i noticed it was changing at the last minute i dropped the anchors and locked up at 40mph ( the speed limit ) right across the junction hmmm. Should make for an interesting photo anyway!

Im 99% sure its an active camera, now time for an arse clenching 14 days waiting at my letterbox :worried:

How can i expect this to affect my insurance?

Have a look on the web for speed camera locations, you'll find a map telling you if its a red light camera

Have a look on the web for speed camera locations, you'll find a map telling you if its a red light camera

I know for a fact its a red light camera, sits about 4 metres behind white line facing directly at the junction, no lines on the road.

I may have been lucky and avoided it if theres a delay as they changed so quickly!

I know that alot of councils are turning them off lately to save money on cuts so i can only pray.

You might have missed it, there's a grace period between the light turning red and the camera activating, I thought I got caught with one when I first started driving as I passed the line just after it turned red ( for me to stop for the light would have been dangerous in the first place).

Twice in the last 3 months the old man has been sure he got caught with mobile speed cameras when clearly going too fast and has heard nothing.

Hopefully you get lucky :smile:

Thats unlucky if it did get you, but I think they are set only to activate 3 or so seconds after it has changed to red.

But yeah, I hate them things, every time I drive past a red light camera I panic, when I went to London, that was the worse for them.

How can i expect this to affect my insurance?[/QUOTE]
not much more i wouldnt have thought
you already get fleeced any way:wink:

The first 3 points doesnt effect the premium at all really. It didnt for me anyway.

Just done an online quote with and without conviction, £600+ difference!

The more I replay it in my head the more I now realise the lights were solid red for a good couple if seconds, I just didn't see them change :worried: the misses was with me and told me although she never saw it flash they were red for 3 seconds before I passed.

It's a shame I was in the mk1 Clio and not the 197 as I did my best to stop in time but the crappy vintage brakes just locked and I drifted right on by that White line, reckon I would have stopped just on the right side of that line with the brembos :worried:

Hopefully nothing will come of it!

I thing I would have been done going to the Nationals. I was 'exceeding' on the way there and there was a camera van in a bridge... My dad called me a couple of weeks later saying I had recieved a summons, turned out to be legal docs for the house so I got away. Long story short, the waiting is the worst bit!

I was driving around heathrow airport 6 weeks or so ago and just wasn't concentrating, went straight through a red, it had just changed but the camera definitely flashed. I could see it as it was dark. Still haven't heard anything, so I guess I was lucky. Just a bit of hope for you mate.

you might get lucky mate, there'll be a good number of cameras out there that aren't turned on, sometimes even the ones that flash don't actually record anything, fingers crossed