279 bhp. Really??

he partly sold his car halves with someone else and brought a f4r lump with a ecu, gearbox etc etc which was already running shy of 300bhp and put it in the car. hes toned it down now thou for reliability as its used on trackdays. wld be nice for him to come on and get some stats,pics etc

I'm not sure if you're referring to Woodies? It wasn't 300 though afaik, more 235.

na not woodys mate. although his was a great piece of engineering. would love to of seen what he wld of made if he stuck throttle bodies on it

Last edited:
Tell him to come on, sounds like an interesting Car!

Agree it was a shame he sold up as well that he no longer visits.

yes, noone said that this engine is NOT tuned. It is tuned indeed, but because I don't know much about engines/tuning I was just wondering if this figues CAN be realistic when we talk N/A F4R. Not Vtec or ford, just N/A F4R.

If so, this is a very good project I believe and well done to the tuners. It's weird though that these guys haven't been mentioned in the forum at all. Has anyone in here done any work on their beloved clio to them?

Indeed it can be realistic. And being on an engine dyno very accurate.

rather than whp - flywheel hp guestimates.

As mentioned in my post, there is some info on the work done, which is extensive and big ££££££

so in response to your initial question....... Yes

Hi
I used to run a honda ctr with 343 bhp and was n/a k20 engine had to take it down to 318 as it kept eating plugs
cheers Don

We talking capabilities of a n/a f4r 200 or a FI one?

NA iirc, but as to Honda's..... well the F4r is a piece of pig iron and just about all the Honda engines tune better easier.

FI is all good and well for the road but you lose something, nothing quite like a screaming NA engine :smile:

FI is all good and well for the road but you lose something, nothing quite like a screaming NA engine :smile:

Couldn't agree more with this, jumping in the girlfriends 200 after driving my Meg it literally screams at me to rev to the limit something I very much miss with having FI

Well mine is F4r FI and still revs to 7500 at 315bhp but yer i do agree with what your saying.. Would be nice if it did rev to 9k lol

Last edited:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N New Members 15
M Clio 200 Area 2
Cjmeek eBay Finds 6
Rogue R27 Register 0
BREENY BOY Clio General Chat 33