2017 season race car

Bit of menial work on the car today. Mended a few broken bits. Electric control for the wing mirrors wasn't working, and neither was the boot lock. Both have been replaced.

I also stuck the cat back on, to stop the horrific noise the exhaust made! To be fair, it's a really boring sound now. Can't wait to get the new Akroprovic fitted (once is delivered!)

Also started to change the bushed for some Black ones, which should stiffer it up a bit :smile:. It was good to get the car up on a ramp, it looks nice and straight underneath, with no dramas at all.

I also tried to fit the Speed Booter. Firstly had an issue with it not fitting, so had to 'adjust' the pedal with some mole grips, then got it to fit. Started the car, and it went straight to 2000 revs, and the accelerator didn't work! Not sure if this is something others have had an issue with, so emailed the supplier and asked about it. Not answer back yet mind....

Also, it was quite nice to see it parked next to my racer:smile: 161819c635f327819f88507b8ded0392.jpg

And see the full family, with the one on the trailer nearly ready to get on track.

4b209f30b0fe4f1fbd62d2c58fbbbf02.jpg

So got the Clio on the dyno today, before and after fitting the new exhaust. Started with an earth shattering 159bhp! Amazing how much they loose!

After the exhaust was fitted, and with some tweaking, we got it up to 192bhp, which was much better. On the drive home, you really could feel the difference that 20% can make!!

I must say, when the sprint booster was turned on, it really made the map work well, which I wasn't expecting. Paul at RS didn't think it would make a difference, and that the Booster was a waste of money, but it really isn't!

So, first track day tomorrow, at my local Blyton Park tomorrow. Not expecting much, as using my road tyres. I haven't got any spare wheels for it yet and am just going for a bit of fun really.

My friend is also taking his newly built race car for its first test

1d054cd82927aac1ad9c2c543718c52e.jpgca280d9ad24e8b4e17722821584dd4eb.jpg

Tomorrow should be good fun:smile:

Something must have been up with it before to only get 159bhp (not looking at the wheels figure were you!!!:lol:smile:. But 192bhp for an exhaust and remap at RST is a nice result.

Something must have been up with it before to only get 159bhp (not looking at the wheels figure were you!!!:lol:smile:. But 192bhp for an exhaust and remap at RST is a nice result.

Yes, not sure what it was. History now though:smile:. The exhaust added at least 12 BHP.

A good day today. Car ran well for its first outing. Difficult to see its full potential when the car is running on completely standard tyres and set up. I think the car is probably only 3/4 seconds behind the 172, which isn't bad for a full fat road going car!dd72e86cc495f83688822c9e0c8882b6.jpgce8faf3848f68250dec2646acdda3468.jpg

Will be interesting to see how this progresses and how it compares to the 172 on track.

The Sprint-Booster just manipulates the throttle position signal, so you push the peddle 50%, sprint booster then ups that signal to 75% (for example). It doesn't make the car any faster (it even says so on the manufacturers website!), just allows the driver to have a shorter distance before you get 100% throttle. I personally don't have any issues with the standard set up, it would be nice to have the peddle travel a little shorter but it doesn't bother me enough to spend £100 on a sprint booster

Will be interesting to see how this progresses and how it compares to the 172 on track.

The Sprint-Booster just manipulates the throttle position signal, so you push the peddle 50%, sprint booster then ups that signal to 75% (for example). It doesn't make the car any faster (it even says so on the manufacturers website!), just allows the driver to have a shorter distance before you get 100% throttle. I personally don't have any issues with the standard set up, it would be nice to have the peddle travel a little shorter but it doesn't bother me enough to spend £100 on a sprint booster

For me, the feel with the booster is much better. It makes it feel normal! And yes, it'll be interesting to see how it compares. I've a couple of changes to be made to the 172, which should increase its power, so will be good to see how it goes at Snetterton next time out.