2017 season race car

DBW is drive by wire. assume BDW was a typo?

172 ph1 cable TB does fit the 197 inlet, so many pounds can be saved over the cup racer setup, plus I can get rid of that horrible pedal we have as standard, the click down part is a pain.
Might have to externally add in a ICV though on single TB for idle control..... anyway feel like I'm spamming your thread with my ecu shizzle now!! :smiley:

J6ZRrGd.jpg

DBW is drive by wire. assume BDW was a typo?

172 ph1 cable TB does fit the 197 inlet, so many pounds can be saved over the cup racer setup, plus I can get rid of that horrible pedal we have as standard, the click down part is a pain.
Might have to externally add in a ICV though on single TB for idle control..... anyway feel like I'm spamming your thread with my ecu shizzle now!! :smiley:

J6ZRrGd.jpg

Thanks Rich. Now I will have to google TB and ICV

haha, TB is Throttle Body, ICV is Idle Control Valve. Cars on cable throttles have an ICV as an auxiliary way to meter the air for idle control. DBW cars as far as I can see have the ECU control the throttle plate directly for this.

Id love to kow what your talking about Rich, cos it reads really interesting! Unfortunately 85% of the technical things you talk about i dont lol.

lol! But TB Rich is a fool who should be ignored would be a better mantra! I mean listen to me at your peril, as what kind of fool spends money on these cars doing NA tuning!!

Ah well, "in for a penny, in for a pound" as they say! :tongueout:anic:

I think we need a car modding abbreviations index somewhere.

To the original post - just wondering what advantage this chassis will have over the last one given you've already got a full build?

I think we need a car modding abbreviations index somewhere.

To the original post - just wondering what advantage this chassis will have over the last one given you've already got a full build?

I'm not sure it will have, to be honest. It's as simple as I like the car! I think the basics of the 197 are an improvement over the 172, but I'm sure some could disagree.

At the end of the day, I'm really enjoying building race cars and learning about cars. (I also have someone interested in buying my current car and can turn a small profit :smile:)