2013 Fiesta ST

Not my place to say really but I'm just reading between the lines and over past comments made.

I could be talking utter $hite though lol.

I had one ordered for September delivery Noddie but cancelled due to rumours of facelift for 2014 and awaiting information on the M235i, really can't make up my mind though, probably will be one of three - BMW, ST or Mk7 Golf GTI

Mate works for BMW was showing me the M235i, M4 and X4 the other day. The 2 series is just the 1 series coupe basically, they will no longer do the 1 series coupe but only the hatchback style. Showed me a pic of a M235i taken in the flesh and looked decent i must say.

X4 is going to be the same shape ass the X6 but smaller

Cant remember the BHP of each though :worried:

Hes going to a track soon (cant remember which one) but basically BMW, audi and merc all bring the new models to compare and place against each other, he said its basically as day where is gets to blast a round a track in all the new M sports, RS's and AMG's.....:cloud9:

Good choice noddie, did they already have one on order or is it a new order (one month is quite a quick turn around time that's all!)

satnav option I thought was a bit pants as well, tiny screen!

Did you test drive one then?

Can't believe the green pea is going! Canny complain at the ST though, i'm sure there will be many miles of fun mate.

Good choice noddie, did they already have one on order or is it a new order (one month is quite a quick turn around time that's all!)

satnav option I thought was a bit pants as well, tiny screen!

Did you test drive one then?

I did indeed test drive the dealers demo. The stand out feature is definitely the torque. Just pulls like a train from no revs. Sounds superb when giving it some also.

Really didnt think the seats looked all that supportive but fudge me they are awesome.

I think it's a car thats already in the queue and as such isnt a "new order".

Can't believe the green pea is going! Canny complain at the ST though, i'm sure there will be many miles of fun mate.

It'll definitely be missed thats for sure.

Just ordered mine last night. Expected end of september. Got the Molten Orange paint for free, plus a really good price for the trade in on the 197. :smile:

Just ordered mine last night. Expected end of september. Got the Molten Orange paint for free, plus a really good price for the trade in on the 197. :smile:

Excellent. Ford and their dealers really are on the ball when it comes to selling these.

I got more than I expected for the 200 and paid less than what I thought I would for the ST.

The orange is lush "in real life" tbh. Though I think the blue is a must as its essentially Ford blue.

Excellent. Ford and their dealers really are on the ball when it comes to selling these.

I got more than I expected for the 200 and paid less than what I thought I would for the ST.

The orange is lush "in real life" tbh. Though I think the blue is a must as its essentially Ford blue.

Yeah, i was really surprised at how good they were, being that i have only ever bought used cars before.
Exactly the same as me, they made a very good deal. But i think they know, like we all do that a clio wont hang around!
yeah, that was my main reason for wanting the orange, doesnt picture well..but in the flesh is gorgeous! The blue is spot on tho, great colour for the car!

I think turnaround for these from order is pretty quick anyway. Still tempted by one as the GF works for them and its her demo at the minute which is quite annoying!

Still not seen the orange, she says its amazing though.

She hasn't mentioned anything about a facelift, only that she doesn't think they will be doing one. Will get her to do some digging today!

Is this car really that good.?

its filled the gap left by the old 200 being replaced!!!

if the 200 had just been given the 1.6t and a few tweeks the fiesta would be a poor second best in my book...

the tg review by Clarkson was vomit inducing talking as if it was the best there has ever been...

It is a good car.

Interior wise leaves the Clio miles behind IMO. It is just a much more polished final item.

Exterior I think it looks fantastic, although as has previously been said it could do with looking different from a Zetec S.

Performance, it pulls and pulls. I have not driven a Clio RS for a number of months so I can not really give a decent comparison on that. The Fiesta is a fantastic all round package when you take in to account the cost. It does lack some features which should be standard though, auto lights, wipers, keyless etc etc.

It's worth a look and deff take one for a spin if you can, think the torque will please you!

it has filled the gap left by the clio, but by no means do i think it is any worse..they are two very different cars to drive.
to drive the clio properly you keep it up the revs and its happy, were as the fiesta pulls so well, from any gear yet its only a 1.6T.

they very much handle swell as each other, clio is maybe by the slightest margins better but not much in it!

interior is all fiesta, as we all know how renault look at the inside of a car.

exterior i would say the clio is nicer to look at, its fatter and all round better looking car, yes the fiesta is still good looking and the front grille is so agresive when its driving behind you, but i would still say the clio is nicer.

They are two brilliant cars and both up the top of the ladder in recent hot hatches..and should both renault and ford should be respected with what great cars they made!

all IMO remember. :smiley: haha

On the clio I miss two things the brakes, although fiesta's are perfectly fine for road use, and the aggressive racer look, but again the fiesta is still a nice looking car.

Handling I can't tell that much difference from a 197 if any and I used to drive that hard, and I've driven the fiesta hard a few times now.

The 1.6 Ecoboost engine is brilliant!

Oh and as fox speed says they should of just dumped a 1.6t in the 200 and reshelled it as a mk4 3 door and they would of had a sale off me.

Or even a 265 engine in the 200 and then make the next gen Meg +300BHP

265 engine is the old f4rt engine and quite frankly now is in need of a real update - high co2 and low in potential tuning options - not future proof
enough

the 1.6t with manual box is smaller and potentially lighter than the old f4r - so the mk3 with a 1.6t and the tweeked chassis could have been
110kg+ lighter = 197 / 1100kg = 179hp/tonne

Nice colour that blue. I like the red also with the red diffuser.

You'll miss the clio .... I give it less than a month :wink:

I wouldn't be so sure.

I covered 30k miles in my 200 and after almost 4k in my ST there's not one aspect of the Clio I miss.

First trackday in it tomorrow at my local circuit I know well so will be able to get some direct comparisons of on track performance.

Similar Thread Suggestions