2013 Fiesta ST

you forget the perfo-hub front suspension and bespoke bodywork and air vents...what other hatch has those at that price the 197/200 did...thats why it was so good and class leading - look how little they did to turn a 197/200 in to a cup racer!

It's nice, but like you said but nowhere near as racy as the 197/200! And those seats are just pants, I'm sure there comfy... But so is the sofa I'm sitting on!

I test drove one of these at the weekend, a nice little car and seemed to drive well and more responsive than the 200. Just didnt feel special enough to tempt me from my 200, no cruise control or keyless entry is also disappointing to be honest.

ETA: I did like the seats and the fact they were heated :smile:

Its not an ST but i'm trading the 197 in for a new ZS next month, had a test drive and really like it!

I love the look of these however as they are smaller than the 200 in terms of boot size, interior space etc. I'd have to opt for the Focus ST.

I've been in a 1 litre ecoboost (120hp) and it's pretty impressive, sure the ST feels good but doubt it's as fun as the 197 especially after a few mods :smile:

Hmm.. Mixed opinions on this. I wouldn't buy one, but can't fault it's a nice car. These are pushing 185 odd brake aren't they? Lots of tuning potential I guess but can't imagine it'd be as raw as an RS... I'll give one a drive to give a proper judgement :smile:

Looks like its very divided in opinion. I think for a car that does everything it seems to be a great car but if you have a car as a toy like I do then nothing beats ours :wink:

I'm getting a fiesta ST-2, in white, with the style pack :smile: happy days!!

But boy I'm going to miss the clio!

I'm paying £200pm for 2 years, it's on the ford options, got £1000 off the list price as well, so happy with that, ST-2 is well equipped as well, only thing I will miss loads is keyless entry as I think it's brilliant lol!

I reckon I will Marshall, but all will be forgotten when I'm giving it some in the ST!

I'm paying £690 on insurance with the 197, the ST is £410??

With what down payment Luke? Id be interested in one for less a month than the 200!

One smoked me the other day...just down to the fact i couldnt be bothered to drop from 6th to 3rd.

the real downer to this fiesta is......it will be far to common :blink:

theres already 3 old shape near to where i live :glare:

Had a go in one today. Looked absolutely stunning in Frozen White with the Style Pack. Driving wise, well the engine is pretty good for a 1.6T. Absolutely stunning amount of torque from what is essentially 1000rpm. Doesn't really seem to get much faster through the rev range, feels a little diesel-y if you will. Didn't manage to get on to any decent A or B roads, but it passed the roundabout test. I think the ESP was on the normal mode, but the rear end still felt pretty playful even at 30mph round a tight roundabout!

BUT I didn't like the gearshift (felt plasticky), didn't like the steering (too light, no feel), didn't like the feel of the brake pedal (felt pretty much on or off), didn't like the seat (started to hurt the small of my back by the end), didn't like the no cruise control (I rely on this with all the speed cameras around here). Got in my Clio to drive home and it wasn't a hard decision - I'll spend £200 extra on fuel a month rather than getting an ST on finance!

It'll no doubt be a great buy in two years, depending on how much it depreciates.

Similar Thread Suggestions