200T Silencer Removal

Has anyone done this yet? Literally just having the silencer chopped off with a straight pipe welded neatly back in it's place.

Had it done on my old Megane 250, was a common cheap little mod that a number of owners did as it gave great results - 10% louder at idol but much more aggressive on full chat and much more playful in terms of pops and bangs without the boom in the cabin of an aftermarket system. I have no interest in a new cat-back aftermarket system but will probably get this done. Anyone done or thought about it - if not i'll let you know the results :smile:

I've been told to check the website out several times but I think I must be finding the wrong one as its got 4 sections and moves very slowly.

That's the one I've been told to look at a few times, and there seems to be nothing going on.

A few recent threads that then jump to older ones, mostly just stickies too.

Which threads are we looking at then?

I had a quick look at the site and it seems a popular little mod over there, much like on the Megane's. Plenty of info on the forum for a few things, cheers for the heads up on that.

Hi all.

From Australia myself and have the front resonator (silencer) removed from my 200T. Basically the resonator is removed and is replaced by a straight piece of tube. To be honest it doesn't really make that much of a difference to the exhaust note in normal Auto mode, however, In race mode the note is really sweet and it certainly is noticeable. Probably the best bang for buck mod I've done.

Try this link to access the Australian forum. There is a sub-section for Clio 1V. From memory, one or two forum members whom have done the mod have put up videos.

http://ozrenaultsport.invisionzone.com/

Last edited:
FYI, I have just literally had the rear silencer removed and definitely recommend it. Don't get me wrong, if you have an itch for an aftermarket cat-back system it won't scratch that but if you want a little bit more from the standard car then this is perfect. It's actually a little louder at lower revs than I was expecting, around town is good and on full chat the pops on up-shift are more severe and it pops and bangs on down-shift and some other random times. It's much more playful overall and has a better note from in the car. It cost £80 so any exhaust-type place would probably charge similar - I had mine done at Longlife Exhausts in Carshalton, they have a few branches over the UK.

I have just had mine done. Would definitely recommend if you don't want a full system. In and out in 30 mins and £70 lighter.

Obviously a full system is always going to be best for gains etc but I simply wanted the same with a few more pops and bangs and it's certainly delivered.

FYI, I have just literally had the rear silencer removed and definitely recommend it. Don't get me wrong, if you have an itch for an aftermarket cat-back system it won't scratch that but if you want a little bit more from the standard car then this is perfect. It's actually a little louder at lower revs than I was expecting, around town is good and on full chat the pops on up-shift are more severe and it pops and bangs on down-shift and some other random times. It's much more playful overall and has a better note from in the car. It cost £80 so any exhaust-type place would probably charge similar - I had mine done at Longlife Exhausts in Carshalton, they have a few branches over the UK.

:thumbup1:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C200MOJO Spotted 0
Nickyandalanrs200 Clio 200T Area 2
PpAbarth Spotted 0
PpAbarth New Members 0
PpAbarth Clio 200T Area 1