200T Loves Petrol!

I used 20 miles of fuel in sport mode on a 4mile journey on the back road from my house to the town!

That's nothing! When I had the Focus ST I could easily take between a quarter and a third off the tank range off in my 19 mile commute home. My mate emptied a tank (55 litres) in half a track day in his ST, I think he did around 78 miles before he had to leave to refuel.

That's nothing! When I had the Focus ST I could easily take between a quarter and a third off the tank range off in my 19 mile commute home. My mate emptied a tank (55 litres) in half a track day in his ST, I think he did around 78 miles before he had to leave to refuel.

Haha suddenly using a quarter to a third of a tank from Omagh to Belfast driving with manners doesn't seem so bad!

Always an interesting debate. I seem to recall a Mazda 3 MPS achieving over 45mpg on some eco fuel challenge a year or so ago, it is possible believe me.

I've just come from an insignia bi turbo diesel and on a good run I could easily get 50mpg although when I played and enjoyed the power it was as low as 34mpg.

The clio 200t would easily be able to achieve its claim of 45mpg combined in the right conditions, it certainly won't do this being booted around town.

Luckily for me I'll be using it quite a bit on the motorway so should be able to build up the mpg.

Also, with boxes like the EDC, you have to learn to coast more and read the road better rather than using the go louder pedal too much.

In all my cars, all automatics, I've managed to beat the manufacturers claimed mpg by using the above driving styles.

The bottom line is, you have to enjoy your car, have a blast now and again, expect to pay for it and then balance the fun with a little common sense now and again??

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining lol. I'm just saying it loves fuel, and rightly so because I've been blasting around in it. I did achieve 38mpg driving up the motorway, and infact if you look at my new member thread there's a dash picture showing 41mpg from the week I picked it up, so it can do it no problem :smile:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C200MOJO Spotted 0
Nickyandalanrs200 Clio 200T Area 2
PpAbarth Spotted 0
PpAbarth New Members 0
PpAbarth Clio 200T Area 1