200T is being replaced, thanks for having me.

It's been short and sweet but I've really enjoyed this little car, way better than the reviews will have you believe and IMO after driving both its better than the fiesta ST, car didn't skip a beat in the time I had it.
Anyway ive decided I to jump back into the AMG pool, was going to go for the new A45 or maybe RS3 but fancied a change from hatchbacks so Ive got an appointment and holding deposit to view this tomorrow and if it all goes ok then will be signing on the dotted line, it's slightly different from the clio lol
In the few weeks of ownership the only downsides I've experienced is the gearbox which seems to downshift at strange times and when you put into sport for a bit more throttle response and poke it seems to hold the gears far too long, great for a track day but it can make you look a bit of a tit when driving around town.
sorry I didn't contribute much but I've been on a few times for a read and it seems a great forum with great blokes, see ya around :thumbup:

BFACFB77-3C02-413E-AF77-5CA79D0C3867.gif

Last edited:
Really fancy one of those myself to replace both my daily drive (an E class) & the Clio I have for fun. For the foreseeable future though I'm still having too much fun with the Clio. Enjoy the AMG.

Thank you for using the forum, glad you've found it enjoyable :smile:

Nice choice of new car, as above very different to the Clio and I'm sure you'll enjoy it just as much! All the best.

Cheers for the comments I'm pretty excited about 550 bhp and 590lbft at the rear wheels :smile:, I always stage 1 my cars if I plan on keeping them for a while which I'm told by renntech will yield 680bhp and 750 lbft!! I went in the owner of rebellion tunings one who tuned my A45 and his was stage 1 and it was nothing short of savage he informed me after a few Vmax days in it that it will keep with 458 Italia fezzas and the like easily.
As for the clio i really don't get the reviews it gets, totally undeserved I'll big it up to anyone that asks me, even the build quality was pretty robust some of the things like buttons on the dash and steering wheel were better quality than that on my A45 and the metal paddles standard on the Clio cost me nearly £600 on the A45. Part of me wanted to keep it.
For those interested mine was a Clio cup lux pack in liquid yellow, it had done 8,400 miles and I was offered 12k for it by merc which was a loss of 2k on the price I bought it for in April.

Last edited:
I know what you mean about the sport mode. I just put it in manual shift too, then you can leave it in 5th and 6th etc, instead of 3rd gear which the car thinks is appropriate. Enjoy your new car!

Well had an eventfull couple of months, as I mentioned in this thread I was all set to pull the trigger on the AMG, went to test drive it and I liked it although a bit barge like, Mrs didn't like it though she thought it was very big. None the less we put a deposit down and was given a date to pick it up, got 12k for me 2015 11,000 RS BTW. Went back to pick the car up and it had 3,000 more miles on it!!! Despite being promised nobody would drive it.
I was so annoyed I pulled out altogether, anyway the Clio has now gone and been replaced with something the Mrs was also very keen on, the RS3 8V. All I can say is what a car! Makes my old A45 seem lethargic and dim witted, the RS3 is so much more repsonsive and with a much better throttle response and gearbox, it feels very quick I reckon it's as fast as my stage 1 A45, there hasnt been and RS3 owner dyno under 380 bhp in these most are 390 or so as Audi doesn't want to upset sales of other RS models by disclosing it's full potential which is a 3.6 sec 0-60 mph according to Vbox!
The noise is simply incredible it has the optional exhaust which simply blows the A45 and M135i's performance exhausts out the water, it's one of the best exhausts outside a V8 engined car IMO. Anyway here's a few pics and some minor mods and this is actually good bye.
E0C06D9F-20ED-478D-B433-396B890438A6.jpg

0A79B807-B65B-489A-932A-48AFAB5AAD16.jpg

C17D9C27-10A4-4AC2-B4AD-ECA5A8FCA23E_1.jpg

30033918-D844-4125-9E66-D1D6983218FB_1.jpg

Sorry to see you go, and congrats on the RS3! I do like the look of those! One of my neighbours has one in blue and it sounds immense!

All the best and enjoy your new motor!

Lovely car mate, enjoy. My boss has a RS6 Avant which I've drove, what a machine. RS3 is on my list at some point.

Well had an eventfull couple of months, as I mentioned in this thread I was all set to pull the trigger on the AMG, went to test drive it and I liked it although a bit barge like, Mrs didn't like it though she thought it was very big. None the less we put a deposit down and was given a date to pick it up, got 12k for me 2015 11,000 RS BTW. Went back to pick the car up and it had 3,000 more miles on it!!! Despite being promised nobody would drive it.
I was so annoyed I pulled out altogether, anyway the Clio has now gone and been replaced with something the Mrs was also very keen on, the RS3 8V. All I can say is what a car! Makes my old A45 seem lethargic and dim witted, the RS3 is so much more repsonsive and with a much better throttle response and gearbox, it feels very quick I reckon it's as fast as my stage 1 A45, there hasnt been and RS3 owner dyno under 380 bhp in these most are 390 or so as Audi doesn't want to upset sales of other RS models by disclosing it's full potential which is a 3.6 sec 0-60 mph according to Vbox!
The noise is simply incredible it has the optional exhaust which simply blows the A45 and M135i's performance exhausts out the water, it's one of the best exhausts outside a V8 engined car IMO. Anyway here's a few pics and some minor mods and this is actually good bye.
E0C06D9F-20ED-478D-B433-396B890438A6.jpg

0A79B807-B65B-489A-932A-48AFAB5AAD16.jpg

C17D9C27-10A4-4AC2-B4AD-ECA5A8FCA23E_1.jpg

30033918-D844-4125-9E66-D1D6983218FB_1.jpg
Congratulations, good choice of car. Enjoy.

Cheers for the comments, forgot to add I had a couple of hiccups prior to handing the clio over.
First of all after viewing and giving me a price, two days before pick up the Mrs decided to turn into a parking space too early and dented the front edge of the door!!
Then 2miles from Audi despite Renault Stoke on Trent and me agreeing the Clio would be serviced before I picked it up the service light came on.
I cleared the dash warning and just drove the car in expecting them to pick up both and then take even more of my hard earned, they went out for a drive and look around and came back saying it was perfect lol

Reactions: Adam_C
Very nice! Normally Audis don't do much for me - very impressive cars but leave me a bit cold, but that one looks stunning. Probably helped by the bright red paint, and little touches like the carbon mirrors and black detailing. Nardo looks great as well, for a grey. I think one thing Audi always do well with RS models is the noise. Glad you're enjoying it, clearly things with the Merc happened for a reason, sounds like the RS3 is a cut above.

Absolutely love it, neither the M135i or A45 have given me this much pleasure, all I can say is don't listen to the reviews yes it's not a megane 275 round a track but that's not what it's built for. The interior quality and noise is something else entirely for a hatchback.
Went out with three friends the other day for some fun, one owns a VXR corsa stage 1, the other a 300 bhp focus ST and the other a highly modified 300 bhp supercharged civic type R.
The corsa as you'd expect fell by the way side quite easily, the focus ST would hold me on a roll for a second then fall backwards, the civic which is a bloody fast car being so powerful and light, would hold on for a couple of seconds next to me but then even that would fall back quite rapidly, none of them though had even close to the grunt coming off roundabouts.
It's not until it goes up against other fast hatches your realise quite how fast it is really

Reactions: Jimmy
Absolutely love it, neither the M135i or A45 have given me this much pleasure, all I can say is don't listen to the reviews yes it's not a megane 275 round a track but that's not what it's built for. The interior quality and noise is something else entirely for a hatchback.
Went out with three friends the other day for some fun, one owns a VXR corsa stage 1, the other a 300 bhp focus ST and the other a highly modified 300 bhp supercharged civic type R.
The corsa as you'd expect fell by the way side quite easily, the focus ST would hold me on a roll for a second then fall backwards, the civic which is a bloody fast car being so powerful and light, would hold on for a couple of seconds next to me but then even that would fall back quite rapidly, none of them though had even close to the grunt coming off roundabouts.
It's not until it goes up against other fast hatches your realise quite how fast it is really
The ST is pants my 220 was quickker round Spa and the brakes do not work my pals after 2 laps

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C200MOJO Spotted 0
Nickyandalanrs200 Clio 200T Area 2
PpAbarth Spotted 0
PpAbarth New Members 0
PpAbarth Clio 200T Area 1