200 steering wheel wear

My steering wheel has started to wear on the top, it's kind of peeling away/ rubbing off. Is it worth trying to see if Renault will replace it as its still in warranty (59 plate) or will they turn round and say its wear and tear? 5adc5c15-210a-9838.jpg5adc5c15-211f-ef9d.jpg

Hahaha sorry to laugh but I've had 3 yes you will get them to change it but after a fight
They will say its the soap you use or the deoderant of your boxers you wear but you will get one

Wow.. Im speechless.

Cars DONT do that in under 3 years unless you wear somesort of bondage spiked gloves. Surely to god youll get that replaced under warranty.

Worrying reading some of these threads sometimes.

Bloody hell mate that is terrible! Mine is melting but not like that...
Our steering wheel is totally substandard that's for sure. My warranty has expired and I wonder if it's worth buying a new one or have the existing one retrimmed from steve@edge...
Any Steve steering wheelers to provide some feedback??:smile:

Left in the sun I guess? Then gripped tightly.

Glad ours are garaged normally.

Left in the sun I guess? Then gripped tightly.

Glad ours are garaged normally.

It's nothing to do with the sun - Mine went after a night time drive in November lol.

I was always careful to cover it on sunny days after reading the stories on here, but mine "melted" on a cold day after a longish drive. Drove from notts to Manchester - so 2 hours ish. Parked in a multi-story car park, came back to it about 3 hours later and it'd started going.

Next morning after the drive home It was peeling badly at 10 and 2 where I'd been holding the wheel. I hadn't been using any hand creams either. It's definitely something to do with hands though, could just be reacting with sweat over time?

Maybe worth just wiping your wheel down every few days.

OP, If it makes you feel any better, mine is bad too lol, got a flap on the left side and most of the top half of the wheel is smooth now. The holes in the material have just melted flat. Still need to get mine re-wrapped.

4e56582d-eb0e-153e.jpg

4e56582d-eb31-adae.jpg

4e56582d-eb44-662f.jpg

Last edited:
Mines getting replaced next Thursday. Service manager tried blaming it on a ring, I showed him my right hand which was ringless. He then tried saying it was the "perfume" I was using.. My response whilst getting my mobile out was "are you taking the Piss, either you ring Renault UK or I will, do you want the number"

He apologised and said they would sort it...

that last photo is how mine is going now and it just started doing it all of a sudden!!!!!

i might get a new wheel at some time

Mine started to go like the last pic but about twice as bad.
I was expecting an argument to get it replaced but the Service Manager took one look at it and said "Yeah we'll get you another ordered for next week".

Strange how some dealers just can't be arsed isn't it!