200 or 197

Ooh yeah, Suzuki Swift sports are pretty decent too, but a bit more money. I was thinking spend less on the car, less on insurance, save the rest then in a couple of years you'll have lots of cars to choose from.

I'm glad I did it, I'm pretty set up now so that I can have pretty much what I want within reason. Well, until the mrs gets her grubby hands on it

just ran a few numbers
fiesta st 2800
clio 197/200 3100
clio 1.2tce 2000
zetec s new 2200
c2 vts 2200
saxo vtr 2100
swift sport 2400
207 sport 90 2000
clio 1.2 16v 1900

IS IT JUST ME OR THEY JUST TAKING THE P!$$??

How much was you paying before?

Have you tried Bell? They might be able to still come in cheap for you.

Where are you looking? Might be best at a broker, or multi car-ing with your parents if you live at home. That seems very expensive, my C2 at your age cost me about £700, but I did have a few years behind me

on my 200 i was on £1000, these quotes are off Go Compare btw but they always seem to come in cheapest for me

you got to play them against each other. phone them
tell them lower prices see if they will do it cheaper
cant do any harm.put ya dad,mom on the policy may help

Try a twingo 1.2tce and then get it mapped to the same as a 133, or just have a look at a 133!?

I'd go for a 197 over a 200 everytime, prefere the styling, dashboard and wheels. Plus it's the original mk3 sport.

If you don't do many miles, the best fun car you can get that should be cheap for you is an original mini cooper. Get one with a 90hp engine like these at www.plmini.com
I had one and it was miles more 'fun' than a 200. Obviously not as quick or practical

Danny :woody: for you lmao

I vote u keep the st mate just while u get ureself sorted. It's the only way to do it. Paying 3000 for a years road insurance is just out if the question it's robbery.

parents all ready on there mate which is annoying, maybe twingo will have a look. Its one claim sure that aint much of a risk. And its gone done as 3rd party failed to stop. police report the lot. Have to see what happens

If you don't do many miles, the best fun car you can get that should be cheap for you is an original mini cooper. Get one with a 90hp engine like these at www.plmini.com
I had one and it was miles more 'fun' than a 200. Obviously not as quick or practical

Original 'proper' Minis are one of the finest and purest cars ever made, in a car like that 90BHP certainly feels like 200!

The newer 'tribute band' Mini is an insult to the name. :worried:

well the st aint much better 2800 nearly 3k

That's just insane, I wouldn't pay that much for anything on principle! Given a difference of £300 between a ST and a Clio, I'd take a Clio as it's only 10% (ish) of the cost.

My first motorbike insurance bill, straight after passing my test, was only around £500 and I can tell you it was a lot faster than a Clio and a little more high risk!

Personally I'd rather go for a fast / reasonable older car in that situation, get it insured TPO and build up some no claims.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sell the ST it will depreciate as fast as you save the money-
buy a phase 1 172 for a year as a runabout-

save up for the 200 & you wont lose a great deal on the 172-
Buy a used 200 cup on a 09 / 59 plate for around 10.5k...

Steve

lol - go have a blast in one and see what you think. You WILL change your mind ;-)

My mate has one od these an x reg cooper s but one of the last originals to be made, it feels proper quick but it does have a race spec engine, he drove it to the south of france and back and it never missed a beat either, too bad it kept bottoming out when i put my fat arse in it!

Pete

I know someone with a tuner cooper too, think it has about 80bhp. He does about 30k miles a year in it and it does go wrong but not as often as you'd expect