200 mods advice please

Hello all,

I am in the process of doing some ‘tests’ on my 200, I am doing an exhaust system first, I am going to do a 63mm / 2.5 inch exhaust, as many of you know the 200 get released from the RS factory with a 60mm exhaust standard.

My question is, should I remove both cats? Or should I leave the precat untouched?

Once I’m done with the exhaust, I will try out an induction kit, just to see whether I get gains or not.

I will not be doing any form of software.

So essentially what I will do is 63mm exhaust and an induction kit, no software.

Your thoughts are most welcome.

On another note, I do however think that a remap would be worth while, cause the ECU will be reading all bogus now. And after a while of punishing it, im sure the valves would get sticky, due to heat.

So is the remap really needed

As above, a few mappers report that they can remove the flat spot when removing the pre-cat but as you don't want to map it I'd leave it where it is.

I read on here (Think it was Ben_R1) said that the only way to map out the flatspot from removal of both cats was to go with a standalone ECU as the standard one can work around it.

As for induction kit, Fernandez is in the process of designing an R3 type airbox setup that should hopefully prove successfull.

.... and make your wallet cringe! :001_rolleyes:

lol, not as much as you may think tho, It will certainly be much cheaper than you can get anywhere else, plus I will also offer a complete kit so you won't have to run around sourcing everything else you need like you have to at the mo... Getting custom silicon hoses made too for expansion tank so that you don't have to spend 200 notes on the ones from renault. :thumbup:

lol, not as much as you may think tho, It will certainly be much cheaper than you can get anywhere else, plus I will also offer a complete kit so you won't have to run around sourcing everything else you need like you have to at the mo... Getting custom silicon hoses made too for expansion tank so that you don't have to spend 200 notes on the ones from renault. :thumbup:

when will it be complete ?