200 exhaust, close up...

...but disappointing. Never heard what the exhaust sounded like so thought I'd try and capture it. I seem to remember my 172 Cup when new and standard had more balls than this.

Oddly, it sounds much better inside the car when driving, has a bit of a rasp to it.

Will have to go out and get some full throttle drive-by clips to see what it really sounds like.

[YOUTUBE]jm-fbjLGjfE[/YOUTUBE]

Yeh it does sound almost dead outside, every track day I've been to this year I had the mik taken by the marshals measuring noise levels, even bouncing off the limiter it sounds timid.

They get better with age but I see your's is an '09 so should have a few miles on it at least.

Only 19k so far. I picked it up with 18k on the clock...owned by an elderly couple from new, and still with the 'hairs' on the shoulders of the rear tyres so unlikely it had ever been driven in anger.

Plenty of hard driving to come though, waiting for Easytrack to release more dates then it'll be back to Goodwood for more ritual abuse LOL.

Bought mine in september last year, new exhaust by october. When I picked it up from Arnold Clark I asked the guy they not slipped in a 1.2 engine in by mistake

If you ever want to listen to my 'Povic, give me a shout mate!

(or make a similar vid!)

I've got a vid of the Akra similar to this style. Will link it when I ain't on the iPad.

:thumbup1:

Just been out and filmed a back to back run with and without the lid on the airbox. Surprised that there were no noticeable flatspots, although I'm sure in the summer it would suffer from drawing in hot air.

Noise was nice...but didn't really excite, so it's back to standard now.

The Akrapovic under similar conditions (Cold start):

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGeOY-1SY6g&list=HL1325449935&feature=mh_lolz[/YOUTUBE]

Just been out and filmed a back to back run with and without the lid on the airbox. Surprised that there were no noticeable flatspots, although I'm sure in the summer it would suffer from drawing in hot air.

had a run out in mine without the lid on the airbox it dose sound good,i have a maxogen on now and it gives it that bit better grunt,stick a akro on and will be sweet:thumbup:

Any vids of said films? :huh:

Having reviewed it, there's nothing usable...tried a different camera position but it was useless, and from the audio I can barely tell which run was which!

Just because I can :wink:

Here is a standard Fiesta ST exhaust. Definately more beef :wink:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZyRLZxN5Ug[/YOUTUBE]

I miss Stripes :worried: But I love the 197 lots more :smile:

That sounds much better!

I've a massive suction mount for my camcorder but daren't stick it on my rear bumper, if my camcorder went bouncing down the road my wife would be none too pleased LOL.

Easy to set up. Thumb sized camera (£0,99 + £12 Postage:s) :

CLICKY

Attach to tow hook on back of car, and away you drive filming all the CO2 and noise you are creating :smile:

Ooh...is there a higher definition one about for a few more pounds?

I haven't been able to find one. Everything seems to be the same camera, just at a higher price to make it seem 'better' :thumbdown:

It is either one of these or a GoPro at 20x the price, but then they are epic :wink: